The Student Room Group

EPQ

I'm hoping to do an EPQ as an A-Level, but I'm having difficulty picking a question. I'm interested in my sciences, from geology to psychology to astrology to material sciences, but I am also interested in ancient civilisations (Egyptology etc.), warfare (science, history etc.) and computing. I need ideas for my topic area and/or question. Any ideas?
I can try to help with the history side of things: your title could be for example "Was the collapse of (Civilisation A) due to (event A)". I'm going along the lines of "Was the USSR the biggest factor in Germany's defeat in WW2?". I hope that helped.
Original post by MrcheeseOMG22
I'm hoping to do an EPQ as an A-Level, but I'm having difficulty picking a question. I'm interested in my sciences, from geology to psychology to astrology to material sciences, but I am also interested in ancient civilisations (Egyptology etc.), warfare (science, history etc.) and computing. I need ideas for my topic area and/or question. Any ideas?

Are you looking for a topic which would cover all those areas? Because that would be very difficult. However, there are some areas that cross-over between the sciences and history - for example archeology, e.g. archeological chemistry is the chemical analysis of archeological findings to help us understand things like what they were made of, how old they are, where did they come from, etc. You could perhaps pick a particularly interesting archeological site and do a project based on that - e.g. "what geological factors helped to preserve human remains at the Windover Archeological Site" or "what can chemical analysis of pottery tell us about ancient civilisations" :smile:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Are you looking for a topic which would cover all those areas? Because that would be very difficult. However, there are some areas that cross-over between the sciences and history - for example archeology, e.g. archeological chemistry is the chemical analysis of archeological findings to help us understand things like what they were made of, how old they are, where did they come from, etc. You could perhaps pick a particularly interesting archeological site and do a project based on that - e.g. "what geological factors helped to preserve human remains at the Windover Archeological Site" or "what can chemical analysis of pottery tell us about ancient civilisations" :smile:

Thank you for the brilliant suggestions! Archeology hadn't crossed my mind, and archeological chemistry seems awesome!

Quick Reply

Latest