The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Msc of data science at the university of Sussex.

Hello guys,

I just got a conditional offer from the university of sussex, I have to meet their english requirements, but i think i will do that in my next ielts session, but I am wondering how is the Msc of data science at the university, I locked at the courses they really attracted me. I am waiting for the response of 4 other universities for the same master: Southampton, Glasgow, King's, City.

Do you think that Sussex worth it, I saw that this univrsity is increasing rapidly in terms of graduate prospect they are ranked 7 th in the uk. Or you advise me to wait for the others because they have a better Msc of data science.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I am currently half way through this course as I opted for the part time route. My general impression of it so far is that it has not been greatly integrated across modules and sort of merged from previously existing modules. Also, given I started on the first year of the course being run, there have been a few teething issues but nothing major. Don't let this dishearten you however, I would say that despite these negatives the general quality and difficulty of the course has impressed me. It is a really tough course, and will definitely improve your data science skills. I would advise to come into this course to make the most out of it with a strong understanding of linear algebra as well as being an intermediate programmer. These are two prerequisites for the majority of material taught, and really put me behind in some areas when trying to learn the new material. I would say if you are looking to be really technically challenged and learn the principles of data science this course is for you.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by bt93
Hi, I am currently half way through this course as I opted for the part time route. My general impression of it so far is that it has not been greatly integrated across modules and sort of merged from previously existing modules. Also, given I started on the first year of the course being run, there have been a few teething issues but nothing major. Don't let this dishearten you however, I would say that despite these negatives the general quality and difficulty of the course has impressed me. It is a really tough course, and will definitely improve your data science skills. I would advise to come into this course to make the most out of it with a strong understanding of linear algebra as well as being an intermediate programmer. These are two prerequisites for the majority of material taught, and really put me behind in some areas when trying to learn the new material. I would say if you are looking to be really technically challenged and learn the principles of data science this course is for you.

hey, could I ask what background you come from and what you would want to do with this degree? I want to also possible start this course in September. I am from a Biochemistry background and have an unconditional offer, I want to potentially go into an analytics career. I am worried that this course will be really difficult and I dont want to go into a course I wont do well in, if you put in the effort is it achievable to do well!
Original post by FukuTSr
hey, could I ask what background you come from and what you would want to do with this degree? I want to also possible start this course in September. I am from a Biochemistry background and have an unconditional offer, I want to potentially go into an analytics career. I am worried that this course will be really difficult and I dont want to go into a course I wont do well in, if you put in the effort is it achievable to do well!

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. Did you end up doing the course? If so how did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending