GCSE Revision Blog

Watch this thread
iggy3009
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

A little bit about myself:

I'm doing my GCSEs this May/June and I am predicted:

English Lit 9 (realistically aiming for a 7)
English Lang 9 (realistically aiming for an 8)
Maths 8 (hoping for a 9)
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Geography A*
German A*
Graphics A*
Religious Studies A*
Drama A (hoping for an A*)

I'm quite a busy person: I'm involved with my local youth parliament, which roughly takes up about 4 hours a week, I go to my local ranger group once a fortnight, I help out with sound and lighting at my school, which means I do about 3 nights a month at school events...

As of today: I'm completely bogged down with graphics coursework and homework so no revision has been done.

Revision starts tomorrow... eeek! I am hoping to do 1 hr a night as well as homework during the week and 2 hrs a day at the weekend.

First exam in 72 days!
iggy3009
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Forgot to mention above...

My motivation: If I get 10 A*s (or 8/9 for Maths and English) I have been promised a hamster by my parents!!

What better motivation is there than this?!:

Name:  hamster.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  25.8 KB

Today's Revision:
- English: 20 Mark Practice Question
- Geography: Practice Section on 'Restless Earth'
- Maths: 3 questions on Quadratic Inequalities

First exam in 71 days!
streetdude28
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iggy3009)
Hi!

A little bit about myself:

I'm doing my GCSEs this May/June and I am predicted:

English Lit 9 (realistically aiming for a 7)
English Lang 9 (realistically aiming for an 8)
Maths 8 (hoping for a 9)
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Geography A*
German A*
Graphics A*
Religious Studies A*
Drama A (hoping for an A*)

I'm quite a busy person: I'm involved with my local youth parliament, which roughly takes up about 4 hours a week, I go to my local ranger group once a fortnight, I help out with sound and lighting at my school, which means I do about 3 nights a month at school events...

As of today: I'm completely bogged down with graphics coursework and homework so no revision has been done.

Revision starts tomorrow... eeek! I am hoping to do 1 hr a night as well as homework during the week and 2 hrs a day at the weekend.

First exam in 72 days!
Amazing grades, you must work so hard! I hope you get all your desired grades, and with a promised hamster riding on your shoulders, I'm sure you'll be able to!
iggy3009
Rep:
Sorry, I haven't updated for a couple of days, I've been super busy with rangers and youth parliament events! Anyway, here is what I have done over the past couple of days:

Tuesday's Revision:
- English: Attended a 1 hr revision session

Wednesday's Revision:
- Geography: 30 mins of notes on The Restless Earth
- Maths: Practice Questions on Iteration, Quadratic Inequalities and Areas Under Graphs

... I will do today's update later!
iggy3009
Rep:
Here comes the next update... Hopefully, I'll actually blog again later or at least tomorrow with what I have done this weekend!!

Thursday's Revision:
- Maths: Practice Questions on Probability and Algebraic Proof
- Geography: 2 Pages of Revision notes on the The Restless Earth

Friday's Revision:
- German: Topic Area A Key Phrases Notes

Today, I've done some graphics homework so am just starting my revision now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (7)
38.89%
They're exactly what I expected (4)
22.22%