tfh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there,

I'm a little stuck on how to revise for english literature, up until now I've just memorised a few quotes from my set texts:
- Never Let Me Go
- Power and Conflict Poetry Anthology
- Macbeth
- Jane Eyre

I did a mock for both English literature papers and got a 5 overall, but I'm aiming for a 6/7 in the summer. Any advice on what I should revise for each set text, and how I should revise? Also any websites would be very useful.

Thank you in advance!☺
marierebecca
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I definitely recommend you get the CGP power and conflict poetry anthology revision guide, it made revising for my English mocks so much easier and helped me get a 7, and as for Never let me go I also found the Joe Broadfoot GCSE 9-1 NLMG revision guide really useful as it analyses important quotes in detail.
Instead of Jane Eyre I'm studying Frankenstein but what I think is most important is that you look into the context of the novel because this is what will help you get the higher grades and websites like shmoop go into detail about the key themes and characters.
You also get marks on the fluency of your writing, which is where most people lose marks, and I think the only way to to get better at this is by doing practice past paper questions and getting your teacher to mark them and to read sample question answers which revision guides and the AQA website usually have.

Hope this helps !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (100)
27.17%
England (123)
33.42%
Belgium (29)
7.88%
Germany (40)
10.87%
Spain (8)
2.17%