Vava Robert
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, everyone! I would like to know if the Philosophy and Psychology course at Durham is more focused on Philosophy or on Psychology. The description is not very clear on their website and it says only about philosophy.

So the main question is: At this course, will I study Psychology like I would have attended the simple Psychology course and have some modules from Philosophy or vice versa?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vava Robert)
Hello, everyone! I would like to know if the Philosophy and Psychology course at Durham is more focused on Philosophy or on Psychology. The description is not very clear on their website and it says only about philosophy.

So the main question is: At this course, will I study Psychology like I would have attended the simple Psychology course and have some modules from Philosophy or vice versa?
Heya,

If you don't get an answer here I would suggest emailing Durham's admissions dept for clarity, a bit strange that their website is unclear!
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vava Robert)

Seems pretty clear:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/info/?...#coursecontent
e.g.
"Year 1
In their first year, all students take the Philosophy core modules of Ethics and Values, and Knowledge and Reality. These concern the two broad divisions of Philosophy, into Metaphysics and Theory of Knowledge on the one hand, and Moral Philosophy on the other. Students also take either Introduction to Logic or Reading Philosophy. Reading Philosophy is a text-based course which examines in depth classic works by writers such as Plato, Hume and Sartre
In Psychology, students take a number of comparably core modules."

Also: https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/facu...works/cv85.pdf

Usually any x AND y course has an equal number of units from both courses. That seems to be the case here too.
Vava Robert
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Seems pretty clear:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/courses/info/?...#coursecontent
e.g.
"Year 1
In their first year, all students t ake the Philosophy core modules of Ethics and Values, and Knowledge and Reality. These concern the two broad divisions of Philosophy, into Metaphysics and Theory of Knowledge on the one hand, and Moral Philosophy on the other. Students also take either Introduction to Logic or Reading Philosophy. Reading Philosophy is a text-based course which examines in depth classic works by writers such as Plato, Hume and Sartre
In Psychology, students take a number of comparably core modules."

Also: https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/facu...works/cv85.pdf

Usually any x AND y course has an equal number of units from both courses. That seems to be the case here too.

Now it's all clear to me! That handbook is truly useful. Thank you a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.15%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
10.82%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.86%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.41%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (101)
11.15%
Financial worries (62)
6.84%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.53%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.18%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.87%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.6%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.17%

Watched Threads