Do you shop at Primark?

Watch
cuddlingprost
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do, but I am cheap. You kinda have to be when you don't have much money. I don't think being cheap is insulting if you do it cause you have to :P But also, I think Primark has some nice stuff, doesn't necessarily last long, but it means you can afford to change it up.
Josyb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
IF I LIKE IT I BUY IT. there are loads of cute stuff i cannt find in other shops. but things like jeans i prefere top shop however primark do have nice stuff.
princessmaire80
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love Primark. I have loads of stuff from there! I find the quality of stuff there better than New Look tbh- I've stopped shopping at New Look as the quality of stuff is so awful. Whoever was saying about the leggings- the leggings from Primark I find are much better quality and they're a sight cheaper too!
mao94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for starters, id like to state that i work at primark. primark is great in my opinion for cheap fashionable clothes especially accessories. primark in most often associated with slave labour (i know as many customers/ critics think they are morally superior when stating this to my face) and primark counters this excessively now by stating its ethics and stuff etc. ask anyone at primark and their induction is more about their ethical trading initiatives rather than actually training you to work as their main objective now is on pr regarding slave labour and primark.

Primark is actually cheap as they cut down on costs and dont focus on details such as having nice quality items such as stitching etc. and instead just get bulk orders from mass production and selling by quantity rather than quality. They reduce costs on staff inclusing us by offering the basic minimum such as in wages and hours and no advertising costs or staff discount.

^this point is so contradictory as i used to also originally think this, but if you look at other shops they do exactly the same such as marks and spencers etc. they are all made in the 3rd world where it is cheaper to produce especially with lower staff costs and globalisation. the only real difference is that workers just stitch different brands and to different specifications. its the consumerist culture and our beliefs in brands and stereotypes that is the real difference and shops know this and instead offer a different experience which is reflected in the price. e.g. higher quality stores like hollister etc focus on your experince in store making you buy a few items which are quite expensive wheras primark just focus on selling as much as they can with focus on producing cheap stuff and selling it cheap.

[QUOTE=Asiangirl_18;70403618]Nikes are expensive yet the labour down in Malaysia, Indonesia, China etc is cheap as hell and sorry but the working conditions in those kind of countries are never great. Everything we wear is "unethical" then as there are very few products still made in the U.K. under strict working conditions that give humane rights to those workers. There aren't too many "ethical/organic" clothes out there as far as I know that fit everyone's budgets.

^ I agree alot with you. Ethical morality regarding primark is mainly just about us feeling good about ourselves shopping at branded stores like topman and ranking primark as the evils and stuff we should avoid.

also in regard to people in 3rd world being paid slaves wages, well what do you expect, boycott them and instead have the factories sack them. these people choose to work in facctories for a better life and pay than their traditional industries in agriculture. its worldwide and similar to that of industrialisation in the developed world.
most people in 3rd world (develping) countries were traditionally agriculture, but now with education and globalisation the young want better opputunities so they migrate internationally and into more urban areas for a better life.
champagnepink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I buy plain socks and pjs sometimes, but thats it. The quality of their clothing/accessories is bad and you can tell just by looking at the clothing.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Steljoy)
I pretty much shop everywhere despite of the price such as:

Hollister, Super Dry, Timberland, Primark

The only shop I avoid is literally JD because dont like dem roadman ting init
:puke:
111davey1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Primary is the worst place you can shop. I once got shoes there and they only lasted a week.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I normally get basics like underwear and socks from Primark, also hair ties, Carmex lip balm, band shirts and cheap jeans that can get trashed at work. I bought some nice denim shorts from there this summer, which was surprising as I always struggle to find flattering shorts. Also their Harry Potter range is amazing.
sophiaalice1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It sounds good for me....
Celeron best CPU
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username2926188)
Some say, "if you shop at primark, you're cheap" and they say the quality of primark products are poor. What do you think? I've never had a problem with a primark product, ever. And i think primark has some REALLY nice clothes and they also do homeware products that are so stunning!

Why get a £75 coat from debenhams when you can get it for £25 at primark?
This is life so hold on tight
This is the dream, it's all you need
I shop there for vests, shirts and stuff but when I buy things like jackets and shoes I don't.
thedenimmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
primark jeans are the best
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I'm learning the ways of the professional roadman, as such I'll be taking a look at various tracksuits available at Primark.
Seltaeb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Primark is primarily good for shirts, jackets, vests, etc, etc. If you want a decent pair of shoes look elsewhere. I got a great pair on Amazon, which lasted for a few years, I also shop at Shoe Zone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.23%
No (364)
47.77%

Watched Threads