analysis on the impact of homeostasis access course Watch

riyazk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
analysis of the impact on homeostasis of the various processes and organs that are associated with the excretory process. Im stuck an need a push in the right direction, can anyone help?
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by riyazk)
analysis of the impact on homeostasis of the various processes and organs that are associated with the excretory process. Im stuck an need a push in the right direction, can anyone help?
Certainly we can help you, but I'm sure you don't just want the answers giving to you.

What functions of the kidney and liver have you learnt so far which could be related to homeostatis.
riyazk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
kidney's removal of urea helps maintain homeostasis

the liver digestive function, producing bile

the skin regulating temperature, removing toxins through perspiration, vitamin and mineral synthesis

the lungs elimination co2

Brilliant! This is very much on the right lines. Think about some other functions of these organs.

The kidney plays a role in filtering drugs from the blood etc - 'renal clearance' is a term you often hear about drugs being eliminated from the body. The kidneys also selectively reabsorb filtered ions like calcium, sodium, chloride and potassium, all of which have to be maintained within tight limits in the blood for homeostasis.

Likewise, the liver plays a major role in detoxification. It's also a large, metabolically active organ.

There's a really good role in homeostasis for the lungs, apart from the obvious. If I say 'blood pressure', you can do the necessary research.

Does this help a bit? Get back to me if you need more help or want to post what you've got so far.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%