The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lychee627
Ohh but does your sis live with you lot?

Yup so she didn't have to pay for accommodation but she never took a loan out
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
Yup so she didn't have to pay for accommodation but she never took a loan out

I cant live with my fam as uni is 1 hr 30 mins away :rofl:
I cant live with my fam as uni is 1 hr 30 mins away :rofl:

You can commute every day :tongue:

Jk, are you taking a loan out?
Original post by QE2
If so, they should put that money to better use helping people in genuine hardship. Paying interest on a loan is something we would all rather not do, but it is hardly a hardship.

Anyway, I thought that forbidden acts are allowed "in necessity". If it is neccessary to take a student loan to go to uni, then it should be ok.

If there are ways to get round doing it then you should...like for accountancy it is not compulsory and can even be argued that its better to go onto a higher apprenticeship. Or maybe taking a gap year or two out to work and save up etc
You can commute every day :tongue:

Jk, are you taking a loan out?

Very hard considering im so lazy :rolleyes: Havent travelled to a school/mosque 10 mins away from my house so yeah , 3 hrs there and back would be a mission for me tbh :yep:

Yepp probably
Original post by QE2
If you read some of the cases of people receiving help from the NZF, you will realise that using their scarce resources because you don't want to pay a below-market interest rate to facilitate your own university education is somewhat questionable.

No harm in applying though
Very hard considering im so lazy :rolleyes: Havent travelled to a school/mosque 10 mins away from my house so yeah , 3 hrs there and back would be a mission for me tbh :yep:

Yepp probably

That didn't make sense? :rofl:
What uni was it again lool

Ohkk :h:
Islamic student finance now exists doesn't it from this year? This is where the interest paid goes to poor as Britain gives hell a load of aid.
That didn't make sense? :rofl:
What uni was it again lool

Ohkk :h:

It doess make sense , read it again :lol:
Some uni :colonhash:
Reply 29
No harm in applying though
Apparently, you have to be eligible to receive zakat in the first place to get help from them, which sounds reasonable.
Original post by ozilll
May I ask the subject you wanted to read at university?

Sure. I studied Biology, Chemistry and History but after much deliberation, I decided that I would go into History, rather than Medicine. I know, I know, they're quite different! How about yourself?
It doess make sense , read it again :lol:
Some uni :colonhash:

What do you mean you havent travelled to school/mosque 10 minutes away from your house :rofl:
I knowww what it is i think lol
The UK should offer interest free student loans to every applicant. Paying for further education I don't like that idea but I understand why it's necessary. Charging interest on that loan as absolutely absurd.
Original post by Bellex
Sure. I studied Biology, Chemistry and History but after much deliberation, I decided that I would go into History, rather than Medicine. I know, I know, they're quite different! How about yourself?

Wow a very big jump! At A-level I studied Maths, Physics and Economics and now I'm a first year studying Finance.

May I ask why not Medicine anymore?
What do you mean you havent travelled to school/mosque 10 minutes away from your house :rofl:
I knowww what it is i think lol

Omg like i havent travelled more than 10 mins to reach school!!! :slap:
Tasha told you?
Omg like i havent travelled more than 10 mins to reach school!!! :slap:
Tasha told you?

Oh looool. Thats because you live in such a tiny place it probably takes 10 minutes to get from one side to the other :rofl:

No you did man lool
Original post by AishaGirl
Mashallah, good on you for not compromising your deen. Have you looked into doing an apprenticeship? They're a great alternative to university.

What if they want to do Medicine?
Original post by ozilll
Wow a very big jump! At A-level I studied Maths, Physics and Economics and now I'm a first year studying Finance.

May I ask why not Medicine anymore?

What exam board did you do for economics? Its so hard! :colonhash:
What exam board did you do for economics? Its so hard! :colonhash:

Edexcel but I believe the spec has changed. Just watch econplusdal, buy the 'my revision notes' textbook and go through the spec with a fine comb. You'll be fine :smile:
Original post by Cherub012
What if they want to do Medicine?

Then their parents better have a stacked bank account :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending