The Student Room Group

Ohio Bookstore Flips Male-Authored Books.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/ohio-bookstore-flips-male-authored-books-displaying-them-backwards/

All in the name of "equality". It's not about man-hating, though.

And, of course, it's a 'feminist-leaning' bookstore.

:rolleyes:
Original post by Dodgypirate
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/ohio-bookstore-flips-male-authored-books-displaying-them-backwards/

All in the name of "equality". It's not about man-hating, though.

And, of course, it's a 'feminist-leaning' bookstore.

:rolleyes:

I don't get the point in this? :lolwut:

If anything it's another case of feminists making themselves look bat S*** crazy again.

Spoiler

EDIT: The replies at the bottom of the article are amazing.

-AHappyTeddybear
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mathemagicien
So, even in feminist bookstores, the majority of books are by male authors? I thought English was a female-dominated subject, why do men produce the majority of works of fiction?

I like it actually, we can filter out all the books written by women, and get to the good stuff...
Fantastic business decision.

If you want to go bankrupt.
Hopefully this will cause their sales to plummet. I have no time whatsoever for anything "feminist".
If they wanted to allocate a shelf, or even two, to works with a feminist slant, I could kind of get behind that. But only selling female authored books? Wow...
Original post by Mathemagicien
So, even in feminist bookstores, the majority of books are by male authors? I thought English was a female-dominated subject, why do men produce the majority of works of fiction?

English students are usually annoying af while writers tend to be cool, maybe that's related?
Reply 7
Original post by MildredMalone
If they wanted to allocate a shelf, or even two, to works with a feminist slant, I could kind of get behind that. But only selling female authored books? Wow...

From what I understood, they still are selling male-authored books, they've just flipped the books around so you can't see who actually wrote them.

It took the store staff 2 hours to flip 10,000 books.
Original post by Dodgypirate
From what I understood, they still are selling male-authored books, they've just flipped the books around so you can't see who actually wrote them.

It took the store staff 2 hours to flip 10,000 books.

That sounds seriously pointless, which is probably why it appeals to modern feminism.
Reply 9
Original post by MildredMalone
That sounds seriously pointless, which is probably why it appeals to modern feminism.

I agree.
Childish. I'd be tempted to go around flipping them all back again...
Isn't that the bookstore's own fault for taking more stock of male authors? They are the biased ones by choosing to have so many more male-authored books, and then go and try to put it right by pissing off the male authors by hiding the spines (probably more in trouble with the publishers actually). If you want more female authors in your shop, then go ahead and stock them.

Quick Reply

Latest