The Student Room Group

Would I be able to do a medicine degree at Oxford?

I'm currently in year 11 and I want to do a medicine degree. I've already done GCSE History and Statistics which I got an A and a B in. This year I'm doing Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English lit and language, and further maths. I'm currently getting A*s in all 3 of the sciences, 6s in maths and English and an A in further maths. If I got these grades in my GCSEs would that be good enough? At A level I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and History. If I get good grades in those would I be able to study at Oxford?
for Oxford, preferably 80% need to be A*

Cambridge - smash your science and maths
Original post by grace_122
I'm currently in year 11 and I want to do a medicine degree. I've already done GCSE History and Statistics which I got an A and a B in. This year I'm doing Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English lit and language, and further maths. I'm currently getting A*s in all 3 of the sciences, 6s in maths and English and an A in further maths. If I got these grades in my GCSEs would that be good enough? At A level I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and History. If I get good grades in those would I be able to study at Oxford?

Average number of A*s for successful applicants is 10.5, average %A*s was 93.

Only one person with 6A*s received an interview, likely they had an exceptional BMAT or ext. circumstances.

Why in particular do you want to go to Oxford for medicine?
You will need to do better than that.

https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

Cambridge is similar, but if you want to go there you will need a third science/maths (Cambridge being the only university to require that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending