The Student Room Group

What is something about yourself that you don't like to admit to people?

Is there anything about yourself that you don't like to tell people, maybe you have some weird habits, something about your personality, your insecurities, your hobbies or something about you that you don't like to disclose to others. Of course this doesn't mean it's a secret, it's just something you don't like to mention too often!

Apart from the obvious "I use TSR" line....

I guess mine would be the fact that I can be insecure about myself quite a lot.

Discuss.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anything about my family life. I hate it when people ask me about family related questions. People have pointed it out to me lol.

And my relationship life lol. Very inexperienced for my age so I do feel quite embarrassed about it so I don't like it when people question it.
Reply 2
That I have anxiety and other fun stuff, I don't like to admit it because of the stigma with mental health :moon:
Reply 3
That I'm not as strong as some people think I am. I often get told I'm quite well balanced and can deal with what has been thrown at me but I don't like to admit to people that I often need help or a shoulder to cry on because I've learned to just swallow everything down and get on with things, only for it all to hit me somewhere down the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My eyesight is pretty awful atm. Can be embarrassing - I try to avoid being asked to make out signs etc at a distance and similar stuff.
sadly it's how i actually feel most of the time.
i always look happy, occasionally angry(ish), relatively optimistic at times.
in reality im always one or more of scared (very likely gonna fail an A level and that might stop me from going to uni), REALLY angry due to extreme stress, almost always negative or just straight up fed up.
so many people still judge me on things i like so theres so much i have to hide. hopefully itll all change at uni :smile:
also i suppose i dont like to talk about how im 100% socially inept anyway and im fairly sure i have some mental illness of some kind :/

on a lighter note i suppose it would be that i like video games based around rhythm. im not an anime fan or anything but the japanese ones tend to be better than the english ones...
my friends just like pretty much everything but that
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I hate when people ask about which parents house I live at and why I don't live with the rest of my family… it's really intrusive and a decision I wish I didn't have to make (my sister goes to my school which makes it hard to hide and people realise then ask and always bring it up… quite annoying.)

I think my ego is also inflated to how I really feel about myself but I think it just makes me seem normal and compensates.

I bite my nails but never in front of people and I don't like it when people bring up things I did/used to do it a few years ago and pretend I don't know what they're talking about. I guess I still struggle with depression but I try my best to deny it even to myself because I've learnt how to get on and I think opening up about it will just throw me back in.

This is also a weird one, but I don't like to admit I'm smart. Sometimes I'll say or do something dumb or purposely pretend I don't know an answer if I think no one else knows it
I have mentioned this multiple times to people at school but I'm a bit sick of saying it to people all the time.
I don't live with my parents, I live with my grandparents. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because they struggled to take care of me, and I seem like they struggle to take care of my little sister. I'm glad that I live with my grandparents, because if I lived with my parents I'd be a different person.
There is another thing but I think I've gained the courage to say it to my friends... I'm a Doctor Who fan...
Reply 8
Original post by loveleest
Anything about my family life. I hate it when people ask me about family related questions. People have pointed it out to me lol.

And my relationship life lol. Very inexperienced for my age so I do feel quite embarrassed about it so I don't like it when people question it.

Aww but nothing wrong with your relationship life at all! I don't feel bad for admitting that I'm a singleton lol

Original post by KaylaB
That I have anxiety and other fun stuff, I don't like to admit it because of the stigma with mental health :moon:

I have a bit too, don't worry :smile: I agree there is a stigma but saying could make people understand more.

Original post by Spock's Socks
That I'm not as strong as some people think I am. I often get told I'm quite well balanced and can deal with what has been thrown at me but I don't like to admit to people that I often need help or a shoulder to cry on because I've learned to just swallow everything down and get on with things, only for it all to hit me somewhere down the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But to me I think you do a great job at dealing with these things! You seem so cheery and upbeat on TSR :yep:

Original post by tennysons_maud
My eyesight is pretty awful atm. Can be embarrassing - I try to avoid being asked to make out signs etc at a distance and similar stuff.

Do you wear glasses?
Original post by UWS
Do you wear glasses?

No.
Reply 10
No.

No plans on getting them?
i bite my nails---> its a habit
i have a really big ego
i get angry quite quickly, hence need a guy that can calm me down...
Original post by UWS
No plans on getting them?

It would be the obvious thing to do, but again, no. You get used to it but it can be a pain.
Reply 13
It would be the obvious thing to do, but again, no. You get used to it but it can be a pain.

I guess you could always invest in contacts! I have shortsightedness and it's kinda annoying.

Original post by unillama
i bite my nails---> its a habit
i have a really big ego
i get angry quite quickly, hence need a guy that can calm me down...

I can calm you down haha but I'm a bit of a live wire myself :hmmmm:
My mental health, just not something I can easily admit without being yelled at or laughed at.
HMMM @NothingButWaleed

Original post by UWS
I guess you could always invest in contacts! I have shortsightedness and it's kinda annoying.

Original post by Rhythmical
My mental health, just not something I can easily admit without being yelled at or laughed at.

prsom :redface: :hugs:
I like being in saunas without anything on. Some people think this is strange.
That my desires are unconventional.
Original post by UWS

Nah sorry maight she's taken by some lad....

Quick Reply

Latest