The Student Room Group

GCSE Options You Wish You'd Chosen

Ok so I know 9 out of 10 of my GCSEs but I was just wondering if there were any that you regretted taking or wish you'd taken. If you could reply that would be great and everyone with a related response will get a rep :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xhorseloverx
Ok so I know 9 out of 10 of my GCSEs but I was just wondering if there were any that you regretted taking or wish you'd taken. If you could reply that would be great and everyone with a related response will get a rep :smile:

For me that would be either D.T, art or computing. WHy the hell did I ever think that IGCSE history was a good idea?!?
Original post by BlueNova42
For me that would be either D.T, art or computing. WHy the hell did I ever think that IGCSE history was a good idea?!?

Yeah, I'm definetly considering DT Resistant Materials :smile:
I wish i picked drama instead of art
I wish i picked ict instead of media
I am finding this really interesting as i have to pick my GCSEs in a week. Thanks in advance for all the answers :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
I am finding this really interesting as i have to pick my GCSEs in a week. Thanks in advance for all the answers :smile:

I'm so glad that this will be able to help :smile: What do you think you're going to take?
Original post by emerald7770
I wish i picked drama instead of art
I wish i picked ict instead of media

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I'd like to do drama :smile:
I kinda wished I'd had the time and opportunity to take Spanish . . . seems a pretty cool language and I like languages. Maybe sometime in the future.
Yeah, I'm fairly sure I'd like to do drama :smile:

Go for it! But if you're still wondering, you should pick sociology. It is like REALLY interesting and it's easier to pass in and get a great grade. I hated school but going to sociology made me a little less sad.
Latin instead of Drama
R.S instead of Art
Original post by emerald7770
Go for it! But if you're still wondering, you should pick sociology. It is like REALLY interesting and it's easier to pass in and get a great grade. I hated school but going to sociology made me a little less sad.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful :smile:
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Latin instead of Drama
R.S instead of Art

I really wish my school offered Latin or Ancient Greek :frown: are there any good alternatives? I am definetly thinking of doing RS as well because the course sounds amazing :smile: Thanks for the response
Reply 12
Regret doing resistant materials DT, should have done Computing
I really wish my school offered Latin or Ancient Greek :frown: are there any good alternatives? I am definetly thinking of doing RS as well because the course sounds amazing :smile: Thanks for the response

Classical Civilisation? It's not taught at many schools but basically teaches the culture about the places that spoke Latin/Ancient Greek. I'm doing Classics A Level and half of the course is what the GCSE Latin people had to do, but instead we do it in English
Original post by MrIso
Regret doing resistant materials DT, should have done Computing

Why did you regret it? (This is one I'm considering taking:tongue: if you could desuade me that would be great)
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Classical Civilisation? It's not taught at many schools but basically teaches the culture about the places that spoke Latin/Ancient Greek. I'm doing Classics A Level and half of the course is what the GCSE Latin people had to do, but instead we do it in English

That sounds interesting:smile: thank you again and I will rep you tomorrow or maybe Wednesday when it's not saying I've done so recently :tongue:
Reply 16
Why did you regret it? (This is one I'm considering taking:tongue: if you could desuade me that would be great)

It's not that it's a bad subject, it's more like I don't have the work ethic for the coursework, so my practical is due in on Friday, I've done ****-all and I just managed to fracture my wrist:colonhash:. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea doing this when I have ADD, but if that's for you then yeah, take it. (BTW half my class are behind on their practicals)
That sounds interesting:smile: thank you again and I will rep you tomorrow or maybe Wednesday when it's not saying I've done so recently :tongue:

Haha don't worry about it, your gratitude through your messages are enough to show me you're grateful :biggrin:
I regret not taking food gcse and not taking computing. Wish id taken them instead of two languages.
Original post by MrIso
It's not that it's a bad subject, it's more like I don't have the work ethic for the coursework, so my practical is due in on Friday, I've done ****-all and I just managed to fracture my wrist:colonhash:. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea doing this when I have ADD, but if that's for you then yeah, take it. (BTW half my class are behind on their practicals)

Thank you this has been so helpful! I think I'll go for Drama :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest