The Student Room Group

Interview at the RCA for Innovation Design Engineering

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience of the interview process for innovation design engineering? what is the style of the interview? There is a creative task as well, any examples of what these have been? I am imagining i will be given a design brief and have to come up with a plan. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hi there!I was wondering how did your interview go? I got one and I appreciate any advice! :smile:
Reply 2
hey, The interview went well I got a place :smile: There will be a creative task for an hour before the interview. Although this might seem daunting it actually made me more relaxed for the interview itself. I had to make a prototype.The interview itself was about 10-15 min, I talked about the creative task, my portfolio and my cv. I've heard they sometimes throw in a curveball questions, but i didn't get one really. Good luck!!
Reply 3
Yay, Congrats! :smile: mine is in two weeks :frown: I just found one example with the human eating plants! Do you mind providing more details? Is there anything you wished you've read or practiced before the interview?
Super excited you got in! Hope to see you there! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I just got an interview for the 2018 cohort and came across the human eating plants example as well. Hope your interview went well since then, got any pointers you could share? :smile:
Reply 5
Any updates on this thread? I'm hoping to apply for 2019 entry and any tips on application would be appreciated!
Reply 6
Hi, long time ago now but I was wondering if you remember roughly when you sent you application in - just trying to get an idea of when I might hear back from them as I sent in my application about two weeks ago
Original post by Bars88
Yay, Congrats! :smile: mine is in two weeks :frown: I just found one example with the human eating plants! Do you mind providing more details? Is there anything you wished you've read or practiced before the interview?
Super excited you got in! Hope to see you there! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending