The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, for me, your gender doesn't matter. So long as I like you and you like me, you can be male, female, in between or not at all. Gender doesn't affect love for me :smile:
Original post by r3035
What is trans ?

A transgender person is someone who was born with a fe/male body, but identifies as fe/male. So they've gone across the genders: trans-gender. I think the term applies to those who like to be in the middle as well. Not 100% sure... :smile:
There have been some disgusting juvenile comments but sadly what you are dealing with here is mostly that, juveniles
For me it would be a no. But that is because I mostly can't get my head round transgender anyway
I wouldn't however judge you as an individual. When it comes to my friendships I would always judge a person on their other qualities and not their gender
We are all beautiful unique individuals and there is someone for everyone. Mr right will love you unconditionally for the wonderful being that you are
You'll find him
Good luck
I would date a trans person but ofc it depends on the person, also people are generally bigger *******s online so try to ignore them :smile:
Sorry I personally wouldn't find that erm attractive...
Every person here with a hateful response should remember that there is a PERSON reading this who has feelings just like yourself, be kind and respectful. I personally would not turn someone down for being transgender, its the person's soul that counts for me. Please do not feel alone in this issue and I reiterate the group idea; having a safe space to voice concerns with others is so comforting, and, please do not think your genitalia is what makes you attractive, it is 100% you, the person.
Sorry buddy. I don't see you as a woman, I see you as a confused/delusional man. Whether you underwent surgery or not doesn't change it. So no, I would never date a trans "woman". I wish you well, however and you certainly deserve to find happiness. There will be guys out there who don't mind. I think most will mind however. You just gotta be honest with them, ignore the rudeness and haters and keep on searching.
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends on the person :smile:
Original post by sophiedunn565
I am a young transgender woman, and I would honestly like to know, do people find me unattratcive? Is there an automatic turn off about being transgender? I feel like I will never find somebody because of misrepresentation in the media and untrue sterotypes. Will I ever find someone that loves me for who I am inside?

Yes, there is.

You might think that you are a woman, but a lot of people will consider that to just be confusion on your part, and that in reality you are a man who may or may not have had his genitals mutilated. Most people are straight, and just want a normal relationship with someone of the opposite sex/gender, with no ambiguity or raised eyebrows on the matter.

You may be a perfectly nice person on the inside, and a lot of people will value that when getting to know you or making friends with you. But when it comes to having a sexual or romantic relationship with someone, people discriminate by sex/gender, a lot. It's only natural.

Having said that, there might be some people who have no problem with it - perhaps you could consider searching amongst those who are transgender themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I was a man, I wouldn't date you except if I was gay.

Otherwise how does a straight man claim to be straight yet he is living with a penis although its owner identifies as female?

How is that supposed to work out?

For me it would be a complete turn off.

However, you will find those who accept you in the LGBT community and you will surely find love. Let no one tell you otherwise; you will find your soulmate.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not just among other trans people, there are also straight men who are attracted to trans women (attracted to them as women). So OP don't despair as you can find a man.

Original post by tazarooni89
Having said that, there might be some people who have no problem with it - perhaps you could consider searching amongst those who are transgender themselves.
Wouldn't date a transgender either. Sorry I like my men to be real men
Original post by LegalDiaries

Otherwise how does a straight man claim to be straight yet he is living with a penis although its owner identifies as female?

Most of the arguments I have seen over this topic have stemmed from people defining things differently. Since you either consider trans-women male or female you would consider a man dating them gay or straight. I don't think this matters too much since calling something by a different name doesn't change what it is just thought I would give my opinion since you asked a question even if it was probably rhetorical :smile:
Original post by LegalDiaries

Most of the arguments I have seen over this topic have stemmed from people defining things differently. Since you either consider trans-women male or female you would consider a man dating them gay or straight. I don't think this matters too much since calling something by a different name doesn't change what it is just thought I would give my opinion since you asked a question even if it was probably rhetorical :smile:
Reply 54
I am a young transgender woman, and I would honestly like to know, do people find me unattratcive? Is there an automatic turn off about being transgender? I feel like I will never find somebody because of misrepresentation in the media and untrue sterotypes. Will I ever find someone that loves me for who I am inside?

Depends what you look like. Just because you're transgender isn't a turn off. I don't care about that.

Don't worry about what people say, just ignore them and be you. I'd love to date someone who's real about who they are. You'll find someone who loves you for who you are :smile: I'd totally date someone who's transgender. The gender just doesn't matter to me. I'd date someone for the person that the person is.
Of course I would. Being transgender is just an accident of conception, and something you probably couldn't even tell post-ffs. It's like asking would you not date someone because, although they seem completely normal, they were diagnosed with autism at 5.
Rather than you, as an individual being unattractive, I find it has more to do with what others feel comfortable in doing. It's very hard to explain. If, say, we're talking about a trans person who wishes to change their sex to fit with their identified gender, but has not yet transitioned, I understand some may have issues with this if they only find a certain sex attractive (lets say a hetero man wants to date a trans woman, but they have not yet transitioned to have female genitals) then I could understand why someone wouldn't date a trans person in that case. However the issue is incredibly delicate and is different in every case. Me, personally, am attracted to men and women, but that also includes non-binary men and women (i.e, trans people) so I generally would have no qualms about dating someone transgender. As mentioned above, some people are simply attracted to binary men/and or women. Some, even, may identify as pansexual and generally wouldn't have an issue about sex/gender.

Don't worry if some people appear not to be attracted to you. They're either unnecessarily close-minded and rude, or they simply have preferences/identify differently in terms of sexuality. There are always going to be people who find you attractive! And also, anyone who believes that stereotypes in the media are factual portrayal's of an entire group should seriously consider re-educating themselves.
Rather than you, as an individual being unattractive, I find it has more to do with what others feel comfortable in doing. It's very hard to explain. If, say, we're talking about a trans person who wishes to change their sex to fit with their identified gender, but has not yet transitioned, I understand some may have issues with this if they only find a certain sex attractive (lets say a hetero man wants to date a trans woman, but they have not yet transitioned to have female genitals) then I could understand why someone wouldn't date a trans person in that case. However the issue is incredibly delicate and is different in every case. Me, personally, am attracted to men and women, but that also includes non-cis/non-binary men and women (i.e, trans people) so I generally would have no qualms about dating someone transgender. As mentioned above, some people are simply just attracted to cis men/and or women (those whose 'gender' and sex match). Some, even, may identify as pansexual and wouldn't have an issue about sex/gender.

Don't worry if some people appear not to be attracted to you. They're either unnecessarily close-minded and rude, or they simply have preferences/identify differently in terms of sexuality. There are always going to be people who find you attractive! And also, anyone who believes that stereotypes in the media are factual portrayal's of an entire group should seriously consider re-educating themselves.

There are quite a number of men who actively go for transgender women.

Are you pre or post op, or do you plan on keeping your man parts?
Original post by yudothis
There are quite a number of men who actively go for transgender women.

Are you pre or post op, or do you plan on keeping your man parts?

I am pre op because I am not old enough for surgery (I'm only 17). But no I do not plan on keeping my "man parts".

Thanks for the response!

Latest

Trending

Trending