The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma grade equivelent in A-Level?

Hello, Right basically I've got a Distinction-Merit-Merit (D-M-M) however i'm trying to find the A-level equivelent (e.g DMM is equivelent to three c's in a-level etc.), ive been looking all over but im getting confused as hell!, thanks!
Hello,
Well done for getting a DMM! That is amazing. It is easier to compare if you turn the grades into UCAS Points. *I should mention that there is no need to compare, your grade is great and you should be proud of it and not need to compare to A Levels or any other grades :smile:*
So DMM would be 112 UCAS points, using the new point system.
Obviously you can have a mix of a levels in order to get 112 UCAS points. So here is what A Levels look like:
A* - 56
A - 48
B - 40
C - 32
D - 24
E - 16
Usually people take 3 subjects and therefore would get three results which would add up, for example 3 A*'s would be 168 UCAS points.
A combination of A Levels that would add up to 112 would be BBC - so well done :smile:
Good luck in whatever you do in the future.
Hope this had helped.
Emma
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by passionate-study
Hello,
Well done for getting a DMM! That is amazing. It is easier to compare if you turn the grades into UCAS Points. *I should mention that there is no need to compare, your grade is great and you should be proud of it and not need to compare to A Levels or any other grades :smile:*
So DMM would be 112 UCAS points, using the new point system.
Obviously you can have a mix of a levels in order to get 112 UCAS points. So here is what A Levels look like:
A* - 56
A - 48
B - 40
C - 32
D - 24
E - 16
Usually people take 3 subjects and therefore would get three results which would add up, for example 3 A*'s would be 168 UCAS points.
A combination of A Levels that would add up to 112 would be BBC - so well done :smile:
Good luck in whatever you do in the future.
Hope this had helped.
Emma

Ahh thanks so much! if only they made it this easy to understand on their website :smile: and im not worried at all, i prefered college, put not even half the effort my mates did and came out the other side better off! cant say im sad :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mynameisborat
Ahh thanks so much! if only they made it this easy to understand on their website :smile:

No Problem! I hope it helped. It can be very confusing on their website haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest