She takes long to reply, but is engaging in conversation(?) Watch

BrianNK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey all, I been having trouble trying to message this girl. She's been someone I've liked for a while now and today I finally had the nerve to text her. The conversations started off poor with dry replies but it's now picking up. My issue is that she takes up to an hour to reply. Seriously. Now, I'm not a dumb ass. I know what it means. So I was going to stop talking the next time she replies. But now the weird this is she's asking me question and throwing laughing emoji's and such (probably sarcasm). I'm genuinely confused here. She'e really pretty and I can't just let this go but... Maybe I'll keep it going and see where it takes me?
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do just that. See how it goes
Have you considered she may be busy and you are not the sole focus of her attention?
Lilith2400
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think if she was totally uninterested she would leave the convo asap. But the fact she asks questions to carry on the conversation is a good sign. She might just be a busy person. Don't overthink it

Posted from TSR Mobile
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
some people are just bad repliers?
youve gotta remember that people are busy tooo! :yep:

dont worry about it
DrAdrenaline
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BrianNK)
Hey all, I been having trouble trying to message this girl. She's been someone I've liked for a while now and today I finally had the nerve to text her. The conversations started off poor with dry replies but it's now picking up. My issue is that she takes up to an hour to reply. Seriously. Now, I'm not a dumb ass. I know what it means. So I was going to stop talking the next time she replies. But now the weird this is she's asking me question and throwing laughing emoji's and such (probably sarcasm). I'm genuinely confused here. She'e really pretty and I can't just let this go but... Maybe I'll keep it going and see where it takes me?
Have the guts to ask her out.. only way of knowing for sure.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Texting is a strange old game. Everyone is different when it comes to texting, you can't assume that because she is taking time to respond or the manner in how she responds that she likes/dislikes you. If you keep texting a girl boring things like school or work related topics then she is going to get bored and she will put it at the bottom of her to do list. I assume you're talking about other things, right? Let it flow for a while, see how things go.
Trihawk7
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Playing hard to get?
Slflay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Usually if you guys are in good conversation, they are probably looking at the text and figuring out how to respond, putting the phone down in between doing stuff. Aka their anxious?
Happened to me too, been texting this girl for months and she only replies maybe once a day or every other day, she works through most of the day so I understand that. But after meeting her I saw she did it to other people too, her mum or friends and she would say that she is a very slow texter ( her friend confirmed it) and likes to do the text at the end of the day.
or the more probable reason, she is a slow texter in genera. God I've had friend who doesn't reply for a day to a week and we just continue conversation. Also can depending on how long you been texting too, if you really are worried just be sincere a bout and ask.they would appreciate it than asking everyone else than her.
storm95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mind you, some people just suck at texting. Face to face is always better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads