The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Leniency with entry requirements

I've just firmed my offer for Business management with BBB. Do you think aston would be lenient if I missed the requirements by a grade and got BBC?
Original post by Anonymous2799
I've just firmed my offer for Business management with BBB. Do you think aston would be lenient if I missed the requirements by a grade and got BBC?

Hi,

Thanks for making us your firm choice. Leniency on entry requirements is a little different every year as there are a number of factors that effect by how much entry requirements drop:

The course you’ve applied for

The number of other applications for that course

The quality of the other applicants for that course

Appropriate resourcing for that course in terms of staff, equipment and space

Overall trends in A-Level marking

Unfortunately there is no hard or fast answer in regards to whether it would be a yes or a no, but I wouldn’t worry too much as usually entry requirements do usually fluctuate by one and sometimes even two grades.

However my best advice would be not to think about it. Focus on the exams coming up and do your absolute best.

Good luck!

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Thanks for making us your firm choice. Leniency on entry requirements is a little different every year as there are a number of factors that effect by how much entry requirements drop:

The course you’ve applied for

The number of other applications for that course

The quality of the other applicants for that course

Appropriate resourcing for that course in terms of staff, equipment and space

Overall trends in A-Level marking

Unfortunately there is no hard or fast answer in regards to whether it would be a yes or a no, but I wouldn’t worry too much as usually entry requirements do usually fluctuate by one and sometimes even two grades.

However my best advice would be not to think about it. Focus on the exams coming up and do your absolute best.

Good luck!

Josh

Thanks for replying! I was also wondering whether I'd be offered another course, like business mixed with public policy or international relations?
Original post by Anonymous2799
Thanks for replying! I was also wondering whether I'd be offered another course, like business mixed with public policy or international relations?

No problem,

There is a chance you could also be made a casecade offer like you've just mentioned, this has happened historically. Even further to that you could be offered a place on a foundation year, if something really goes wrong during your summer exams.
There are plenty of other routes into Aston and higher education if the worst happens with your summer exams. Don't worry too much, i'm sure everything will go fine.

Josh
Hi

I wouldn't worry about not reaching the grade requirements. I am a first year Marketing student, I was predicted BBC but got an offer of ABB from Aston. I received my expected results, so got a place with BBC (I didn't need to go through clearing). Even in previous years, I know people who have got onto business courses with ABC and BBD.

Good luck!
That's releiving! Thank you for letting me know :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, whats the gender ratio like on the Marketing Bsc course?
Original post by hodgettsse
Hi

I wouldn't worry about not reaching the grade requirements. I am a first year Marketing student, I was predicted BBC but got an offer of ABB from Aston. I received my expected results, so got a place with BBC (I didn't need to go through clearing). Even in previous years, I know people who have got onto business courses with ABC and BBD.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest