The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

What is Sheffield like (the area near The University of Sheffield NOT Hallam)

I am looking to start in September, but want to know if the area around the University of Sheffield is actually nice to live in? If anyone could help then that would be great!

I'll be staying at the University for the first year and then hope to move out 2nd and 3rd year, but is there much of a 'nightlife' or buzz in Sheffield?

What sort of things can you expect (ie are there lots of clubs, places to eat, shops/shopping centre). I did walk around part of the town but I'm not sure if it is the 'main' part as there wasn't too much going on?

Thank you! :smile:
Yes. Sheffield has loads to do and definitely punches above its weight for nightlife. Shopping is one of its weaknesses in terms of stuff to do, the only other I can think of being bus links from the university area, it wouldn't be uncommon to have to change buses or swap to a tram if you want to go out of the university area and city centre.

But yeah, tonnes of clubs, pubs, places to eat, I've been here nearly 4 years, go out fairly often and still haven't come close to covering everything in the uni area/city centre let alone places like Wicker, London Road, Ecclesall Road, all of which are relatively short walks away.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Ah thank you very much!! What is the policy on having people stay over do you know?
Original post by J275
Ah thank you very much!! What is the policy on having people stay over do you know?

It's changed since I was in halls, but from what I remember of how it is now it's fine as long as they're not causing any problems.
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
It's changed since I was in halls, but from what I remember of how it is now it's fine as long as they're not causing any problems.

Awesome!:smile: thank you so much for your help!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending