Want more information about this university?

Nottingham Trent- The Glasshouse Accommodation

Watch
Maddie0528
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I've been looking into booking accommodation at the glasshouse as I've heard that all of my favourite halls including Byron and Gill Street South are already booked up by unconditional offer holders. I'll be in my first year at Nottingham Trent.

Is Glasshouse good for first year students? Am I likely to be out with other first years or is it random? And is the social aspect like living in halls or is it harder to make friends? Overall what are the pros and cons and would you recommend it? Thanks 😊
_bea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey my offer recently changed from conditional to unconditional and since all my choices byron, gill street and sandby are gone I was looking at the glasshouse for this September, but am slightly concerned with the social life and making friends there?
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
(Original post by _bea)
Hey my offer recently changed from conditional to unconditional and since all my choices byron, gill street and sandby are gone I was looking at the glasshouse for this September, but am slightly concerned with the social life and making friends there?
Hi, I've now booked The Glasshouse for September as I heard it's good for freshers but I just looked on the Nottingham Trent website and it says that they reserve flats specifically for freshers if you book through the university, but it only opens once all of Trent's halls are fully booked so I don't whether to cancel it and wait until then. It's soo much cheaper and nicer than the other halls in my opinion though, what will you be studying?
_bea
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That sounds so complicated, I literally just gave up and booked a Gill Street standard ensuite room since a few became available... Going to study psychology what about you?
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
(Original post by _bea)
That sounds so complicated, I literally just gave up and booked a Gill Street standard ensuite room since a few became available... Going to study psychology what about you?
Ah that's so lucky, I really wanted Gill Street South! And fashion marketing and branding 😊
efletcher34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,
I was in the same boat as you as i had my heart set on Byron and i didnt like the look of any of the other accomodation. It's going to be my first year at nottingham trent to and I have a friend thats in his first year and lives at the glasshouse and he really loves it and said it's sociable so I have booked a flat there today.
I am going in room GLA-B2-2-21E
efletcher34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am studying psychology to
_bea
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Maddie0528)
Ah that's so lucky, I really wanted Gill Street South! And fashion marketing and branding 😊
me too but it's so popular that it got fully booked the first day.. that sounds so good, maybe will see you at uni 😉😂
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
(Original post by efletcher34)
Hey,
I was in the same boat as you as i had my heart set on Byron and i didnt like the look of any of the other accomodation. It's going to be my first year at nottingham trent to and I have a friend thats in his first year and lives at the glasshouse and he really loves it and said it's sociable so I have booked a flat there today.
I am going in room GLA-B2-2-21E
Ah cool, I'm in GLA-B1-3-39C but I called Nottingham Trent accommodation services earlier and they told me that the first instalment for The Glasshouse is due around a month before my maintenance loan will come through so am now reconsidering.
efletcher34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah it is for me to, but i've asked around and pretty much all my friends are at uni in their second year and everyone i asked has had that problem where the rent is due before their loan. But they said they just told their accomodation about it and they were okay with it if you can give them proof of when your loan is coming in its so stressful isnt it i just want to get there now! haha
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
Yeah it is for me to, but i've asked around and pretty much all my friends are at uni in their second year and everyone i asked has had that problem where the rent is due before their loan. But they said they just told their accomodation about it and they were okay with it if you can give them proof of when your loan is coming in its so stressful isnt it i just want to get there now! haha
Oh thanks that's so helpful. Haha I know it's sooo stressful can't wait to get there either but I have to get in first as my offer is only a conditional! Glasshouse looks so nice from the photos though, have you been to see it? And do you know if we'll have freshers reps?
efletcher34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh thanks that's so helpful. Haha I know it's sooo stressful can't wait to get there either but I have to get in first as my offer is only a conditional! Glasshouse looks so nice from the photos though, have you been to see it? And do you know if we'll have freshers reps?
T
Sorry This website keeps crashing on my phone do you want to Facebook me instead? My name is Emilia Fletcher
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
T
Sorry This website keeps crashing on my phone do you want to Facebook me instead? My name is Emilia Fletcher
Yeah, which one are you, there is a few?
efletcher34
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://m.facebook.com/emilia.fletch...48&fref=search
emilylindsay_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I've been looking into booking accommodation at the glasshouse as I've heard that all of my favourite halls including Byron and Gill Street South are already booked up by unconditional offer holders. I'll be in my first year at Nottingham Trent.

Is Glasshouse good for first year students? Am I likely to be out with other first years or is it random? And is the social aspect like living in halls or is it harder to make friends? Overall what are the pros and cons and would you recommend it? Thanks 😊
Abit off topic but I'm studying fashion marketing and branding at NTU too, was just wondering if you've booked a room at glasshouse yet??
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilylindsay_1)
Abit off topic but I'm studying fashion marketing and branding at NTU too, was just wondering if you've booked a room at glasshouse yet??
Ah great you're the first person I've found doing my course! I booked it but decided to cancel today as the cancellation period was only 14 days and today was the 13th day since booking as I hadn't completely made my mind up and was worried about the whole social aspect of it. I'm hoping there will be some cancellations on Sandby, Byron or Gill Street when conditional booking opens (which I know is unlikely) but if not I'll rebook the Glasshouse or maybe Goldsmiths. I assume you haven't booked accommodation yet either?
emilylindsay_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ahh same!! Yeah I'm hoping that byron, either of the gill streets or sandy will have some cancelations which might not happen, but if not I will most likely book Goldsmiths. I'm going to visit it tomorrow to have a look around. I read a couple threads about goldsmiths and loads of people have said it was really sociable which I'm happy about, thats the main thing I want is to be able to make friends in my halls!
Maddie0528
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilylindsay_1)
Ahh same!! Yeah I'm hoping that byron, either of the gill streets or sandy will have some cancelations which might not happen, but if not I will most likely book Goldsmiths. I'm going to visit it tomorrow to have a look around. I read a couple threads about goldsmiths and loads of people have said it was really sociable which I'm happy about, thats the main thing I want is to be able to make friends in my halls!
Yeah me too, I really want the freshers experience and was worried I'd just be put with second and third year students in Glasshouse. Was thinking about just booking Hampden as it's so close to the uni but not sure about sharing a bathroom 😂. Please let me know what it's like! X
emilylindsay_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're literally saying exactly what I'm thinking omg Hampden is my last choice if all else fails, good location but the bathroom situation isn't great! Yeah no problem I will let you know tomorrow! X
emilylindsay_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey so I went to look at Goldsmith court today and it was amazing! The rooms are so nice and really clean. Spacious as well, I would definitely recommend! If you're wanting to book go for block/zone 2 or 3, thats where all the first years are. I've booked today in flat 4 zone 2. The only downside is that the first payment is due a day before we get our loans, which isn't too bad but a pain for some X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (557)
33.98%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.58%

Watched Threads