Jenny needs help
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
@leopard923 please could you help me with my art you sound experienced and I need to salvage an awful page. please help.
tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what do you need help with?
leopard923
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jenny needs help)
@leopard923 please could you help me with my art you sound experienced and I need to salvage an awful page. please help.
Yes sure what do you need help with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jenny needs help
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard923)
Yes sure what do you need help with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a page in my book with a dark background awful layout and plain title I don't know what I can do to cover/improve it
leopard923
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a page in my book with a dark background awful layout and plain title I don't know what I can do to cover/improve it
There are several things that you could do. Firstly, you could get some a4/a3 paper and just stick over it. You could used coloured paper so it looks better.

Secondly, if you have any sort of sponge, get some white paint and sponge over the page, use some lighter colours with the white so that you can created a nice sort of multi-coloured background.

If you do have any plain a4 or a3 paper to stick on top, you can create nice backgrounds by taking from light shades of paint, mix them with a little water and then lightly spread the paint across the page putting different colours in different areas. Then BEFORE it has dried, take a tissue and dab across the page so that it blends the colours and creates a sort of cloudy ombre effect.

Another idea that I did was to get some masking tape and stick it across the page to create triangular shapes. Then take several colours of paint and paint roughly the entire page, blending with water etc. Then once dry, remove the masking tape and it will leave a nice geometrical pattern.

Finally, you could literally just get an old piece of fabric and stick it on top- I did that multiple times at GCSE and it looks really cute. Oh, and if there is a Hobbycraft near you, you can get paper rolls with really nice patterns for a pound, they cover about 4 a3 pages per roll and they save LOADS of time!

As for the title, I usually just typed my titles in fancy writing then mounted them and my teacher was fine with that. If you want to draw the title, you could find a font on Microsoft word and just trace the letters so it looks neat. I hope some of these ideas help . Let me know if you need any more help.
Jenny needs help
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard923)
There are several things that you could do. Firstly, you could get some a4/a3 paper and just stick over it. You could used coloured paper so it looks better.

Secondly, if you have any sort of sponge, get some white paint and sponge over the page, use some lighter colours with the white so that you can created a nice sort of multi-coloured background.

If you do have any plain a4 or a3 paper to stick on top, you can create nice backgrounds by taking from light shades of paint, mix them with a little water and then lightly spread the paint across the page putting different colours in different areas. Then BEFORE it has dried, take a tissue and dab across the page so that it blends the colours and creates a sort of cloudy ombre effect.

Another idea that I did was to get some masking tape and stick it across the page to create triangular shapes. Then take several colours of paint and paint roughly the entire page, blending with water etc. Then once dry, remove the masking tape and it will leave a nice geometrical pattern.

Finally, you could literally just get an old piece of fabric and stick it on top- I did that multiple times at GCSE and it looks really cute. Oh, and if there is a Hobbycraft near you, you can get paper rolls with really nice patterns for a pound, they cover about 4 a3 pages per roll and they save LOADS of time!

As for the title, I usually just typed my titles in fancy writing then mounted them and my teacher was fine with that. If you want to draw the title, you could find a font on Microsoft word and just trace the letters so it looks neat. I hope some of these ideas help . Let me know if you need any more help.
thank you, these sound like a great ideas i will definitely try one.
leopard923
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thank you, these sound like a great ideas i will definitely try one.
You're welcome. I hope everything goes well- art can be stressful lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads