Anyone not live with their parents? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I don't live with my parents (not by choice mind) and I find everything to do will college so much harder. Anyone else had similar issues?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I don't live with my parents and i'm starting college in Sept, i don't see how it can be harder just because you don't live with your parents, care to elaborate?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I don't live with my parents and i'm starting college in Sept, i don't see how it can be harder just because you don't live with your parents, care to elaborate?
Well, I don't have any money. For the last year I have barely been able to buy the books I needed, but because I didn't claim income support, I couldn't get any help with this. I would like to be able to get some financial help, but I can't because of where I am living.

My college also sends things to the wrong places, eg my old address. Doesn't make it easy to meet the deadline for stuff when I get it 2 months later.

Aside from that, I have to work to support myself, study, and run a household. It isn't the easiest thing, especially when you'e only 17. I know a lot of mature people manage to run a home, work and do evening courses, but I don't think these people do full time education.

It just seems as though everything is geared towards people who can live with their parents -- for me that just isn't an option.

Oh, and if you're under 18, they'll send everything to your parents.
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A friend of mine lives with his Aunt. His mum died of pneumonia having contracted flu and he then went to live with his estranged dad in America; but then came back to live with his Aunt. He seems strangely not affected by it all and is the most cheerful sociable person I have ever known.
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Oh, and if you're under 18, they'll send everything to your parents.
I was 19 and they still sent everything to my parents.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
I was 19 and they still sent everything to my parents.
yeah, but it's a bit rich if you don't live with them and so have to ask for, for example, the documents stating when the holidays are
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.72%
Excited (140)
8.73%
Worried (291)
18.14%
Terrified (364)
22.69%
Meh (144)
8.98%
Confused (35)
2.18%