?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-student.html
coup/detat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The woman should be jailed for making this false accusation.
mashbbk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hard to click on daily fail links, no matter how juicy the story may sound.
prazzyjazzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes. If you were perfectly capable of giving consent at the time, and did, then it is not rape and never will be--regardless of how you feel afterwards. It really shouldn't need to be explained, but some people...
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by coup/detat)
The woman should be jailed for making this false accusation.
Look at the guy, I would put him in prison for the sake of social hygiene.
Infamous*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wonder what punishment she'll get
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by coup*detat)
>He's ugly so he must be a creep
He looks like AIDS Skrillex after a haircut.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As someone on the DM article commented, there really needs to be anonymity for both parties. When he is applying for work a Google search will unearth this to his future employer. This is not something he should have to have forever attached to his name.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It looks like he needed to prove his innocence, rather than his guilt having to be proven. If he hadn't had the CCTV implying consensual beginnings, or her friend being honest and saying what the background and intent for the night was, he could well be in prison with an even worse reputation. I don't know a better system, but to have your freedom and future dependent on such unpredictable things is not good.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shootme)
Can't beat this one.
To be honest I bet there is a good chance he went down and for so long because he is black.
Jesus_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
To be honest I bet there is a good chance he went down and for so long because he is black.
Without a question of doubt.
Jesus_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Horrific, poor boy will have this shadowing his life. The mere accusation of rape can blemish someone with a stain of stigma.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jesus_)
Without a question of doubt.
especially if the woman he was accused of raping was white.
Jesus_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
especially if the woman he was accused of raping was white.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-28-years.html

The authorities threw away crucial DNA evidence that would otherwise have exonerated him. As well as this his lawyers were sponsoring a bill for a retrial but that was vetoed. Two attempts of throwing him in jail which should give you a picture of how the incarceration of black men is institutionalised and is the modern day equivalent of slavery.
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An innocent verdict does not neccessarily mean, that the individual pressing charges made a false rape allegation. It just means that the jury had some doubt, could be regarding the evidence, could be anything. To accuse someone of falsely claiming rape is another legal concern altogether.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reminds me of a few threads I've seen on here tbh.

But ugh, if true, it's so selfish to ruin someone else's life just because you're unhappy with how something panned out. :/
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Reminds me of a few threads I've seen on here tbh.

But ugh, if true, it's so selfish to ruin someone else's life just because you're unhappy with how something panned out. :/
People are allowed to withdraw consent half way through sex, and refusing to comply to the withdrawal is rape.

However the issue here I suspect is that her change in thought process was not translated into a clear enough change in behaviour.

This also debunks all those idiots on here who say that if a woman is drunk she is automatically legally raped by the man if she has sex. The woman was clearly drunk. Those of us with half a brain cell know that it is not as simple as that, but it doesn't stop the idiots on here complaining how men are petrified to sleep with a tipsy woman. I'll link them this thread next time. Cheers op!

Also, anyone else read how the guy was just out with his girlfriend that evening before sleeping with the other girl? I bet the girlfriend is thinking there's ****ing karma for you lol.
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
this is why I always lecture people about not sleeping with drunk girls.

Look I am not saying you are a rapist if you both get drunk and decide whilst drunk to have sex. If both people consent it should not be called rape.

The issue is though that some people take a different stance on this and it is a murky area of the law. Meaning every time you do it you could be accused of rape. I know chad Evans got a retrial etc but he was still thrown in the slammer and his career destroyed. The truth is this guy could have had that happen as well without a retrial etc.

I mean obviously if a guy fancies a girl knows she is not interested in them and then pursues them when they are drunk because he thinks this is his chance, and he is perfectly sober and knows she would not consent if she was sober then yes I would kind of call that rape. If a girl is barely able to stand that is rape to.

However when two people get drunk consent to sex whilst drunk and then one person regrets it when sober it is not really fair to call this rape. The problem is the judge or jury could have taken a different view, and this can ruin your life its not worth the risk.

If you guys want to take that sort of risk that is on you, but just be aware it could happen and you could end up been found guilty and then your life is ruined.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
these hoes ain't loyal
AlexanderHam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Twinpeaks)
People are allowed to withdraw consent half way through sex, and refusing to comply to the withdrawal is rape.
100%

However the issue here I suspect is that her change in thought process was not translated into a clear enough change in behaviour.
Indeed. Lack of consent is not the sole legal issue in rape, but also if the alleged perpetrator lacked a reasonable belief in the complainant's consent. If the complainant consents, and they are having sex, and then the complainant silently withdraws consent but gives no indication, and they continue having sex, that is not legally rape because the alleged perpetrator, although he allegedly lacks consent, has a reasonable belief in continue consent.

This also debunks all those idiots on here who say that if a woman is drunk she is automatically legally raped by the man if she has sex. The woman was clearly drunk.
As the Court of Appeal said in the case of R v Bree, "Drunken consent is still consent". The mere fact someone is drunk doesn't mean it's rape because people can still make (albeit poor) decisions while drunk. It's only when they lose the capacity to consent completely that it becomes rape. The mere fact that the alleged victim is extremely drunk and they wouldn't have made the same decision if sober does not mean they have been raped, and regretting sex while drunk should not become a rape charge. Indeed, if mere drunkenness = rape then if a guy and girl were both drunk, why isn't she raping him? Are they both raping each other? As mentioned, the law doesn't work that way.

I feel so bad for this dude Poor guy's name is tarnished for life. Even though he was innocent, he will continue to be punished for the remainder of his days as any time someone googles him, they will see "rapist".

Furthermore, what's with this stuff saying he's weird because he's 24 and slept with an 18 year old? So ****ing what. When I was 16 I slept with a 25 year old. It's not a crazy age difference like 16 and 45. Both are still pretty young and within reasonable bounds. He may be a creep for other reasons, but not for the age gap.

Also, anyone else read how the guy was just out with his girlfriend that evening before sleeping with the other girl? I bet the girlfriend is thinking there's ****ing karma for you lol.
True dat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads