This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Normalisation of Abnormal Sexual Identity, TSR UKIP

Normalisation of Abnormal Sexual Identity

The House believes that it is wrong to normalise the idea of people identifying as a sex different to that of their Birth. Such behaviour must be treated as a mental illness. These are people who need help and should not have their delusions indulged

Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

No.
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
aye
username2080673
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nay.
Quamquam123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you mean by 'need help'? It's society that needs to change, not people.
LifeIsFine
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am quite shocked at this motion, but understand where it is coming from to very little extent. I did previously believe it was gender that was the social construct and therefore non binary? (feel free to correct me there).
The incredibly harsh tone the motion is written in turns me against it and to treat it as a mental illness is simply an insult to many with genuine mental illnesses and of course those who believe their sex is different to on their birth.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye, I do not believe being transgender is a condition which should be treated by gender reassignment surgery, hormone injections, and acceptance. If an individual is transgender that individual should seek counselling to become happy with their sex, the individual should not aim to change their bodies to become the opposite sex.
immigrant #963
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And they wonder why I cry myself to sleep at night. Don't you just love social regression
Jesusfaps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is why idiots from tsr going to crappy unis will never have a spot in real politics. Your brand of "anti-PC for the sake of being anti-PC" politics will always remain fringed and on the internet.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This has surely been submitted to cause outrage rather than debate? If anyone did want a debate on this what arguments would you have for this being a good idea? It would certainly make lots of lives worse, while not effecting everyone else at all.
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol no.
richpanda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aye
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think not
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nay, if people want to say they're an apache, by all means let them, the issue is when they start being authoritarian about it and forcing people to use specific pronouns and all that.

But I'm going on a tangent, transgenderism shouldn't be classed as a mental illness but they shouldn't receive special treatment just for being trans.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
* Collapses from my chair *

NAY NAY NAY NAY!!! ....

This is unfortunately yet another disgraceful act from UKIP, they claim that the idea of people identifying as a sex different to that of their birth is "wrong" but what happens if the person is transgender so they're automatically classed as someone who has a "mental illness". This motion alongside an numerous number of bills criticising members on policies e.g. QQ on Education SoI is frankly is an ignominious act from UKIP and just goes to show how UKIP is moving further and further towards the right, further than the Tories.

Spoiler:
Show

I am really determined to see them get crushed heavily in the next general election.

Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
* Collapses from my chair *

NAY NAY NAY NAY!!! ....

This is unfortunately yet another disgrace act from UKIP, they claim idea of people identifying as a sex different to that of their birth is "wrong" but what happens if the person is transgender so they're automatically classed as someone who has a "mental illness". This motion alongside an numerous number of bills criticising members on policies e.g. QQ on Education SoI is frankly is an ignominious act from UKIP and just goes to show how UKIP is moving further and further towards the right, further than the Tories.

Spoiler:
Show

I am really determined to see them get crushed heavily in the next general election.

Of course they are more right wing than the labour lite party but I do agree this shows how bad ukip actually are.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Quamquam123)
What do you mean by 'need help'? It's society that needs to change, not people.
Absolutely share your concerns and I'm just afraid that this isn't going to be the last thing UKIP does as a party, to release bills etc that are heavily controversial and what I consider immoral and also bills etc that attack people on their views towards policies. They're a disgrace to this House!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads