Aamenah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Y'all
I'm hoping to go to Manchester university but as a muslim, Id prefer to stay away from alcohol as well as mixed halls.
So ive started to look at private halls and I was hoping if you'd be able to give me an honest opinion on location, shopping and the practicality of the location:
I have been looking at the following:
-Q3 apartments
-Ropemaker court
-Manchester court
-Hartley halls

p.s does the private accommodation allow me to ask for muslim females only? thanks for the help
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aamenah)
Hi Y'all
I'm hoping to go to Manchester university but as a muslim, Id prefer to stay away from alcohol as well as mixed halls.
So ive started to look at private halls and I was hoping if you'd be able to give me an honest opinion on location, shopping and the practicality of the location:
I have been looking at the following:
-Q3 apartments
-Ropemaker court
-Manchester court
-Hartley halls

p.s does the private accommodation allow me to ask for muslim females only? thanks for the help
Any hall that is not specifically marketed at Muslims is likely to have people bringing alcohol and boyfriends in at one point or another. However, that doesn't mean that you have to drink alcohol or have a boyfriend of your own.

Hartley Halls seems to have a fairly strict interpretation of Islam ("no smoking, no drinking, no mixing") according to its website - this may or may not suit you, but it's the only halls I've come across that are aimed at Muslims.

Have you had a look at St Gabriel's Hall? It's a single sex (female) hall of residence owned by the university. You might also like to have a look at the "lifestyle moderated" option http://www.accommodation.manchester....accommodation/
Aamenah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Any hall that is not specifically marketed at Muslims is likely to have people bringing alcohol and boyfriends in at one point or another. However, that doesn't mean that you have to drink alcohol or have a boyfriend of your own.

Hartley Halls seems to have a fairly strict interpretation of Islam ("no smoking, no drinking, no mixing" according to its website - this may or may not suit you, but it's the only halls I've come across that are aimed at Muslims.

Have you had a look at St Gabriel's Hall? It's a single sex (female) hall of residence owned by the university. You might also like to have a look at the "lifestyle moderated" option http://www.accommodation.manchester....accommodation/
Ah that's a good option ill have a look at it, thanks for the help
Studentnumber26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Sorry if this is late but I've got a place at ropemaker court and asked for Female only flat mates if that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Do you get study leave?