The Student Room Group

Scared about my age

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joel 96
please, you're ruining this nice lady's thread
:talkhand:

Sorry, OP, this Joel kid just loves to argue with me.

Back on topic folks.
Back on topic, @sherlockfan, you shouldn't be dismayed by those who are too ignorant to understand your depression. It is a difficult time for you, and you shouldn't try again.
People are trying to help with you with the experience and knowledge they have
I'm not sure what you're looking for
Your response to everything is no
With any illness, and it really is, you have to keep trying
No one is telling you to get over it.
They're telling you to keep seeking help and looking for solutions. Things change all the time. New meds or therapy
If you are going to be rude to people you'll get nowhere!!
Original post by Joel 96
Back on topic, @sherlockfan, you shouldn't be dismayed by those who are too ignorant to understand your depression. It is a difficult time for you, and you shouldn't try again.

I'll think you'll find I was trying to help, I just don't appreciate being insulted. Alright, love?
Reply 64
Age is just an arbitrary number... what matters is how you feel inside and how your body is changing as you age...
Original post by Fenice
God you're depressing

I thought I was a drag but you must be an absolute nightmare to be around

Ah what a helpful post
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
As in I've been diagnosed.

Can I request that you be not quite so rude, I was trying to help.

Well, that only makes your ignorance harder to comprehend.
Original post by Fenice
The OP has been whining on here for several years. The brutal truth is she needs to remove her head from her arse and start making an effort to improve her life

Thank you, I'm sure youre a joy to be around and not nasty at all.
Original post by sherlockfan
Well, that only makes your ignorance harder to comprehend.

I don't know why I bothered, because clearly you have a really bad attitude problem.
Original post by Fenice
Sorry but no. Depression is a very common illness; lots of people have it and it doesn't control their lives to the extent that it controls the OPs because there is ultimately a strong element of choice in terms of how it affects you and for how long.

sherlockfan has been going about in self-indulgent pity for herself for years on this forum. Her behaviour is no longer deserving of sympathy or attention.

sorry but how on earth do you know this? have you met every single person on the planet with depression? what you mean is 'other people suffer from depression but keep it to themselves'.
i'm sorry my mental illness is inconveniencing you. but you don't have to be such a prick.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I'll think you'll find I was trying to help, I just don't appreciate being insulted. Alright, love?

the sexual tension is strong with this one

Original post by Fenice
Sorry but no. Depression is a very common illness; lots of people have it and it doesn't control their lives to the extent that it controls the OPs because there is ultimately a strong element of choice in terms of how it affects you and for how long.

who the **** are you
Original post by Joel 96
the sexual tension is strong with this one

How about no.
It seems to me that this thread is filled with either,
A) You can fight it, keep trying and don't back down!
B) You're an attention-seeking, rude little *****!

This forum couldn't be any more cliche, really.
Reply 73
Soo
where can I find you
Original post by Joel 96
It seems to me that this thread is filled with either,
A) You can fight it, keep trying and don't back down!
B) You're an attention-seeking, rude little *****!

This forum couldn't be any more cliche, really.

What other is there?
Both are true
Reply 75
sorry but how on earth do you know this? have you met every single person on the planet with depression? what you mean is 'other people suffer from depression but keep it to themselves'.
i'm sorry my mental illness is inconveniencing you. but you don't have to be such a prick.

I suffer from depression as do lots of people I know and have known. There is a difference between sharing your troubles in a healthy way while making an effort to help yourself and publicly moping in a grotesque display of rampant self-pity for a matter of years. Honestly you sound like Moaning Myrtle.

Your problem isn't your 'mental illness', it's your appalling attitude.
If you don't want to move on with life that is not our problem (problem for you though mentally/physically) yet they are trying to give you advice so at least try to listen to them. Otherwise, just keeping watching Sherlock (Love that show/character) girl!
Original post by Fenice
I suffer from depression as do lots of people I know and have known. There is a difference between sharing your troubles in a healthy way while making an effort to help yourself and publicly moping in a grotesque display of rampant self-pity for a matter of years. Honestly you sound like Moaning Myrtle.

Your problem isn't your 'mental illness', it's your appalling attitude.

Wow, grotesque. Bit of a strong word.
Bet you're one of those people who think that people who kill themselves are attention seekers.
I'm not the one with the attitude problem. Your views about mental illness are disgusting.
Oh and I love the way you put my 'mental illness' in brackets, like im making it up. You clearly don't have depression or you'd be at least a little more empathetic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 78
Wow, grotesque. Bit of a strong word.
Bet you're one of those people who think that people who kill themselves are attention seekers.

There is nothing in anything I've said to suggest that. You blame your isolation on your mental health but perhaps it's because you say things like this.

I'm not the one with the attitude problem. Your views about mental illness are disgusting.

As has already been pointed out to you by multiple people your problems do not finally originate in mental illness. Using mental illness as a crutch for less glamorous deficiencies is insulting to all the millions of people who also suffer from mental illness but get on with it anyway and do not cower from personal responsibility and honest self-appraisal by blaming all of their problems and failures on depression.

Oh and I love the way you put my 'mental illness' in brackets, like im making it up.

See above.

You clearly don't have depression or you'd be at least a little more empathetic.

See above and above that.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 25 tomorrow and I've got nothing to show for it. I'm closer to 30 than 20 and it scares me that every year that passes Im still in the same place.
I dont want I grow old, my body already feels old. I want to die young and suddenly, without any pain.

Don't worry, it took me until I was 30 until I fully found my place in life and things began coming together better. It's taking a while and going slowly.... but I am enjoying life more now than when I was 18 etc. Age isn't important, it is what you do with your time on Earth and the memories you make.

Look for changes you can make to improve things or change your direction. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest