Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Geographers Needed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know about you but I find searching the internet for geography case study information tedious and time consuming. There are often pages and pages of irrelevant information to read through and summarise. Therefore, I propose producing a website with as many case study research notes and essays as possible for GCSE and A-level students. Who thinks this is a good idea and would you be willing to donate your work? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcd)
    I don’t know about you but I find searching the internet for geography case study information tedious and time consuming. There are often pages and pages of irrelevant information to read through and summarise. Therefore, I propose producing a website with as many case study research notes and essays as possible for GCSE and A-level students. Who thinks this is a good idea and would you be willing to donate your work? :confused:
    I think thats a good idea, as i find the same thing when it comes to obtaining information for case stuides. I'd contribute but i have to type up my notes first I'm happy to do so at some point.

Not really the best idea I've heard in ages, but I don't want to be mean. Sorry but I wouldn't donate any work into it, since I don't do geography.

ReputationRep:
    lol u dont do geography heh.
    erm, i would says good idea and i would donate except i dont do any work :P but if i do some this year ill donate it haha!

ReputationRep:
    i think it's a good idea and i'd contribute some of my as/a level work, but i think people should still do some research by themselves as it's a good skill to learn. so how about a site with some submitted case studies and some links to useful sites?

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to contribute my A Level work, but there is a slight problem. The advantage from browsing various sites on the net is that you can get upto date info etc. I think (espicially for the Hazards exam paper Edexcel) that its actually beneficial to browse.

I've done GCSE Geog so I could help out on that too (though now it just seems like common sense!)

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a good idea, and i might be willing to contribute.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished Higher Geography and have absolutely LOADS of my notes typed up on my PC. I'd be happy for you to use them if you wanted a Scottish section.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it sounds like a good idea i wont mind giving my notes! If you need any help on the website email me at [email protected]

Well when will this website be in progress!

From John

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.