HeyitsMay!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

So this is probably gonna be a long post but i need help in deciding. I am currently doing an access course and I'm planning on going to university in September for psychology/Criminology. I've gotten all 5 offers ( I think underestimated myself ), but I thought I wouldn't get all offers and I wouldn't have to choose.
So basically I've narrowed it down to 3 choices :
-Royal Holloway University of London
-Roehampton University
-Manchester Metropolitan University.
I really want to make Royal Holloway my firm but I'm not sure if they will accept me with my grades. So in order to got into Royal Holloway I need 10 assignments in Distinction and 5 in merit however, my first assignment was a pass and I'm not sure if they will still accept me even though I've gotten Distinctions and Merits since then (I'm I wasting a spot or shall I just apply?)
At first I thought I'd just leave Royal Holloway and make Roehampton my Firm as they need 118 UCAS points which I can get, however they also need Distinctions and merits and I'm not sure if I'll still get accepted. I thought this University was really good because of the grades they needed but I've seen many negative feedback from it on this student room.
Is anyone doing psychology and Criminology on here ??? Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thirdly for MMU I liked the applicant day and they only need 112 UCAS points which I can get but I really do not want to live alone in Manchester (I already live alone now and I want to go back home I'm having a horrible experience) .
So guys what shall I do?!?!! I'm sorry for this looooong post 🙈 But in a bit of a pickle here

Any form of help or guidance will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!
And if anyone goes to these uni and/or does psychology or criminology please tell me if you had any positive or negative experiences!
I'm having so many sleepless nights cause of this issue 😭

Thank you xxxxxxx
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HeyitsMay!)
Hi everyone,

So this is probably gonna be a long post but i need help in deciding. I am currently doing an access course and I'm planning on going to university in September for psychology/Criminology. I've gotten all 5 offers ( I think underestimated myself ), but I thought I wouldn't get all offers and I wouldn't have to choose.
So basically I've narrowed it down to 3 choices :
-Royal Holloway University of London
-Roehampton University
-Manchester Metropolitan University.
I really want to make Royal Holloway my firm but I'm not sure if they will accept me with my grades. So in order to got into Royal Holloway I need 10 assignments in Distinction and 5 in merit however, my first assignment was a pass and I'm not sure if they will still accept me even though I've gotten Distinctions and Merits since then (I'm I wasting a spot or shall I just apply?)
At first I thought I'd just leave Royal Holloway and make Roehampton my Firm as they need 118 UCAS points which I can get, however they also need Distinctions and merits and I'm not sure if I'll still get accepted. I thought this University was really good because of the grades they needed but I've seen many negative feedback from it on this student room.
Is anyone doing psychology and Criminology on here ??? Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thirdly for MMU I liked the applicant day and they only need 112 UCAS points which I can get but I really do not want to live alone in Manchester (I already live alone now and I want to go back home I'm having a horrible experience) .
So guys what shall I do?!?!! I'm sorry for this looooong post 🙈 But in a bit of a pickle here

Any form of help or guidance will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!
And if anyone goes to these uni and/or does psychology or criminology please tell me if you had any positive or negative experiences!
I'm having so many sleepless nights cause of this issue 😭

Thank you xxxxxxx
Talk to both RHUL and Roehampton about their offer conditions to understand if they're likely to have any flexibility over the number of distinctions/merits and if so what sort of things they might be looking at to "save" an application that has missed the offer conditions.

The good news is that you and your universities get your results in advance of A level results day (they arrive with UCAS around 1st August and get to universities a few days later) which means that you should be able to get a clear answer about if you're accepted or not before clearing starts in earnest....so you could look into options through clearing close to home with time to make a good decision and get in before the rush.

If you're keen to move home (back to london I assume) then I wouldn't recommend committing to Man Met...an insurance you're not happy with is a lot worse than a risky firm or insurance choice.
xhorseloverx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If I were you I would have RHUL as your firm and have an insurance with lower grades that you think you will definitely achieve. (Maybe Manchester as your backup? I'm not sure though) If you want to go to RHUL then put it as your firm because you can always reapply to other universities next year or for different courses if you don't get accepted. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (837)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (383)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.52%

Watched Threads