The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Edinburgh for International Business?

So I received the offers from Warwick for International Business and Edinburgh for International Business and Emerging Markets.

I know that both of them are really good in terms of the quality of the course, reputation, job prospect,... Basically I think they are equally good so I don't know which one should I go for.
I still have some concerns tho:

Warwick is 27,250 not including Accommodation- which would be roughly another 6,500. Edinburgh is 22,800 so it is more affordable. Still can't wrap my head around how expensive Warwick can be.

Warwick is believed to be a really good target for UK employers. Edinburgh is not as good as Warwick.

Edinburgh overall ranking in the QS World is significantly higher than Warwick. So maybe Edinburgh is more famous globally?

Warwick is located in a middle of nowhere. I just spent my undergrad in another middle of nowhere so I fancy a bigger city. I really like Edinburgh city to be honest. But I think I will be fine in Warwick.

Warwick is closer to London and the other major cities in the South. I did my undergrad in the North so...

I am an International Student and I plan to stay in the UK for 3 or 4 years to work. But I am not really bother, if I can land a job in any other parts of the world I will be happy, not my home country tho since I want to explore a bit.
What do you guys think?
(edited 7 years ago)
It sounds like you're leaning towards Edinburgh. I would worry less about rankings and more about whether or not you will have the chance to get some work experience. Have you checked to see where grads end up? I know you said employers target Warwick but how is that measured? Being close to London and in a city are pros but I think affordability and course content are more important. If you're a non-EU international student I'd consider a plan B for work as getting a visa to stay in the UK is very difficult.
Reply 2
hi ! I know nothing about the program in Edin, but I am a holder of the same program Msc international business in Warwick. The program in Warwick is highly practical: during the third term, you dont need to write a dissertation but to do a business practice program; some students find intern in London. and it is also true that employers in London like Warwick students, at least more than Edin. Edin is really really a great uni but do not have strength in business studies while Warwick Business School is good at this, many professors teachining MBA as well as teaching the Msc. I am an international student, having the same idea with you... Anyway, hope it's helpful. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by zouxn01
hi ! I know nothing about the program in Edin, but I am a holder of the same program Msc international business in Warwick. The program in Warwick is highly practical: during the third term, you dont need to write a dissertation but to do a business practice program; some students find intern in London. and it is also true that employers in London like Warwick students, at least more than Edin. Edin is really really a great uni but do not have strength in business studies while Warwick Business School is good at this, many professors teachining MBA as well as teaching the Msc. I am an international student, having the same idea with you... Anyway, hope it's helpful. Good luck!

Thank you for your advice. May I ask if you are going to accept the offer at Warwick?
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
It sounds like you're leaning towards Edinburgh. I would worry less about rankings and more about whether or not you will have the chance to get some work experience. Have you checked to see where grads end up? I know you said employers target Warwick but how is that measured? Being close to London and in a city are pros but I think affordability and course content are more important. If you're a non-EU international student I'd consider a plan B for work as getting a visa to stay in the UK is very difficult.

Thank you for your advice. I read a report online which shows Warwick being the top target of employers, can't find it anymore tho. Warwick seems to have a very strong Career support too. And I just know that Warwick is really well-known even in my country. The affordability is the big issue for me. I don't know if it is worth it because it is even more expensive than LSE and Warwick is not even in London.
Original post by hanpham158
Thank you for your advice. I read a report online which shows Warwick being the top target of employers, can't find it anymore tho. Warwick seems to have a very strong Career support too. And I just know that Warwick is really well-known even in my country. The affordability is the big issue for me. I don't know if it is worth it because it is even more expensive than LSE and Warwick is not even in London.

I's be wary of reports like that tbh. Spend more time looking up where grads end up and what careers support is available at both unis and compare. If you plan to work in your country then it may be important that it's well known there but again if cost is an issue you need to weigh it all up.
Reply 6
Original post by hanpham158
Thank you for your advice. May I ask if you are going to accept the offer at Warwick?

Yes, I accepted the Warwick last week, but not sure whether to go. Still waiting for Imperial College... GOD! I have been waiting for, like 4 months!
Hey, could I please know what you chose finally? I'm in the same position as you and it'll be really great if you could help me out!! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending