Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys - room sharing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If your a guy how would you feel if you get there and find ur roommate is gay/bi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    If your a guy how would you feel if you get there and find ur roommate is gay/bi?
    Erm... at most unis you don't have to share a room. Durham's the only one I know where I think they have to share a room for 1 term in the first year (correct me if I'm wrong!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    Erm... at most unis you don't have to share a room. Durham's the only one I know where I think they have to share a room for 1 term in the first year (correct me if I'm wrong!)
    And guess where i'm hoping to go!

ReputationRep:
    You have to share a room for Durham? And there was me thinking it was TVU :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    Imperial also has sharing halls, you could be sharing a room with 1, or even 2 people

ReputationRep:
    well if i had to share a room with a gay/bi guy, I would hope he wouldn't get any ideas. Sexuality doesn't make a person any more different, but if they tried to make a move, I would simply express the fact that i'm not interested. If they are persistent however, I would probably put in an application to be relocated. But I doubt anyone would be like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Imperial also has sharing halls, you could be sharing a room with 1, or even 2 people
    So does LSE.

ReputationRep:
    yup, sexuality aint an issue. iv already got few gay/bi mates and as long as they know their boundaries, it shouldnt be a problem

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how straight blokes seem to have a tendency to assume that every gay guy is after their arse (excuse my crassness) - just because somebody is gay does not mean they're interested in you in a sexual way, so don't flatter yourselves!

ReputationRep:
    If there was those kind of room mates, I would be worried. O well, we just have to respect each other and live with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    If there was those kind of room mates, I would be worried. O well, we just have to respect each other and live with it.
    you would be worried that people who are gay/bi are goin to university and sharing rooms? where else do you think they're (and why should they) goin, they never got round to opening the 'st-police-man-from-the-village-people's college' :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose)
    It's funny how straight blokes seem to have a tendency to assume that every gay guy is after their arse (excuse my crassness) - just because somebody is gay does not mean they're interested in you in a sexual way, so don't flatter yourselves!
    I'm a straight guy too, but I have noticed that most straight guys do that. It's pretty sad.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its sadly true

ReputationRep:
    You can never be too careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    That's right. One can never be too careful with these things! Should you find yourself sharing with a roomie, whose sexuality you have reason to question, you had better play it safe and sleep on your back at all times. :rolleyes: You wouldn't want to awaken to find yourself being buggered... because if he's a poof, he probably wouldn't be able to resist his queer proclivities, yourself as a straight man being just that irresistable to every gay male and heterosexual female, of course.

ReputationRep:
    That's right. One can never be too careful with these things! Should you find yourself sharing with a roomie, whose sexuality you have reason to question, you had better play it safe and sleep on your back at all times. :rolleyes: You wouldn't want to awaken to find yourself being buggered... because if he's a poof, he probably wouldn't be able to resist his queer proclivities, yourself as a straight man being just that irresistable to every gay male and heterosexual female, of course.
    What a good way to put the point across. I wouldn't be bothered with sharing a room with someone who is gay (I'm not) but I wouldn't want to share with anyone anyway and thank goodness I won't have to.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Blokes assume that every woman wants them so why should a gay man be any different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Yea, it's better to get it sorted out first time, because if something were to happen later on, you might find it hard getting out of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    ...you might find it hard getting out of the situation.
    I'd say! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Then again.... it is obviously the case that if a man is gay he doesn't fancy every other man on the planet. It is also true that every woman does not fancy every man on the planet. Why is it then that you can't have mixed shared rooms?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.