DanCatc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everybody, I completed my application on mid December... almost 12 weeks have passed, yet still no sign of an offer nor rejection. How many of you habe already got one?
erinal95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there, I applied during the same period, haven't heard back either... It must be an Economics thing because I have another friend in the same position, while all other courses generally have replied already for more recent applications
CNR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm also waiting for a decision. Applied in late january and got access to lse for you in early february, since then my application has been under consideration. I got a conditional offer from UCL. I've heard that it's also a good place for studying the MSc Economics. What's your opinion? Have you also applied there?
DanCatc
Rep:
?
(Original post by erinal95)
Hey there, I applied during the same period, haven't heard back either... It must be an Economics thing because I have another friend in the same position, while all other courses generally have replied already for more recent applications
(Original post by CNR)
Hi, I'm also waiting for a decision. Applied in late january and got access to lse for you in early february, since then my application has been under consideration. I got a conditional offer from UCL. I've heard that it's also a good place for studying the MSc Economics. What's your opinion? Have you also applied there?
So I finally received my response just today after 12 weeks (accepted)! I checked on another forum and it really seems that they made a decision on very few people (about 10). Anyway, UCL is a top one too. I applied there too, if you check on rankings like QS or ARWU it'is just a few places after the LSE in Europe. What is curious is that at UCL they require a higher level of English than LSE.
CNR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanCatc)
So I finally received my response just today after 12 weeks (accepted)! I checked on another forum and it really seems that they made a decision on very few people (about 10). Anyway, UCL is a top one too. I applied there too, if you check on rankings like QS or ARWU it'is just a few places after the LSE in Europe. What is curious is that at UCL they require a higher level of English than LSE.
Congratulations!!! And yeah, these rankings are my references. Let's see if I get a positive response soon. Good luck!!
CNR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everybody, I completed my application on mid December... almost 12 weeks have passed, yet still no sign of an offer nor rejection. How many of you habe already got one?
(Original post by erinal95)
Hey! I got a response today (5 weeks). Conditional offer (minimum overall mark of 7.5/10 and the IELTS certificate as a proof of my level of English).
I have already done the CAE from Cambridge and that's the document I submited, I hope they will accept it. Good luck!
CNR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you planning to go to a particular hall? Any reference about Bankside House for graduates?
DanCatc
Rep:
?
(Original post by CNR)
Hey! I got a response today (5 weeks). Conditional offer (minimum overall mark of 7.5/10 and the IELTS certificate as a proof of my level of English).
I have already done the CAE from Cambridge and that's the document I submited, I hope they will accept it. Good luck!
(Original post by CNR)
Are you planning to go to a particular hall? Any reference about Bankside House for graduates?
Congrats Still not looking for halls, Im quite messed up when deciding between UCL and LSE... are you going to LSE straight ahead? It seems that all in all the quality of the courses is very similar, but at UCL you have more balance with university life, while at LSE "people get locked in a socially dead situation" or smthng similar (info taken from different threads).
CNR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats Still not looking for halls, Im quite messed up when deciding between UCL and LSE... are you going to LSE straight ahead? It seems that all in all the quality of the courses is very similar, but at UCL you have more balance with university life, while at LSE "people get locked in a socially dead situation" or smthng similar (info taken from different threads).
Well, I was in the same situation. It seems that UCL is more social. I've talked about this with some of my professors and they have told me to go to LSE. One of them who studied the programme there told me that the competition is very high but it's worth it. I mean, we have to work, but he also told me that there is time for everything if one is sufficiently organised.
I applied for accommodation yesterday, but I'll have almost threee weeks to make a decision before the deposit. If you ask me now what I'm gonna do I would tell you LSE.
If you decide to try and apply for accommodation, I included Bankside, Rosebery and The Gardens in that order. They seem to be among the best catered halls.
Btw, there's a group in FB for 2017/2018 LSE postgraduate offer holders. It's a closed group, but I give you the link in case you want to join it. I joined it yesterday and there are two other guys who are joining this programme. You can find me there, I'm Carlos Navarro and I made a comment yesterday about accommodation.
I hope I helped.
This is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/130903627408844/
jeffwooldridge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hello everyone, just saw this post.

i applied on 4th Apr and got a conditional offer on the 11th for MSc Economics.
ShivangiTiwary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Everyone,Just saw the post!I will also be joining the 2 years MSc Economics program this September'17. I just received my accommodation at Butler's Wharf. It seems like a good place! But, I am exploring other options as well. Any views of anyone if most people prefer to stay in Halls or take private accommodation? Is there something we miss by not having the Hall experience?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads