GCU Adult Nursing Holidays - any 1st or 2nd years students out there?

Watch this thread
dibbles1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I have been accepted into GCU adult nursing course (very excited). I am sure that I read/heard somewhere that in terms of holidays we get either June/July or July/August off.........I have since heard that this is not true. It is not a great big deal but just wanted clarification?
username3033574
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
They said in our open day that nursing students tend to get the last two/three weeks of August off depending on placements.

If you go onto Glasgow Caledonian website and look up trimester dates, they already have 2017-18 dates up which will let you see some of the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dibbles1234
Rep:
(Original post by rada9693)
They said in our open day that nursing students tend to get the last two/three weeks of August off depending on placements.

If you go onto Glasgow Caledonian website and look up trimester dates, they already have 2017-18 dates up which will let you see some of the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you. I have a structure of the nursing timetable and there are 3 weeks on it for August - I must have misheard or misunderstood as I thought it was for longer ;o)
are you starting this year too?
username3033574
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dibbles1234)
thank you. I have a structure of the nursing timetable and there are 3 weeks on it for August - I must have misheard or misunderstood as I thought it was for longer ;o)
are you starting this year too?
I work full time so actually the idea of 7 weeks off for the whole year is appealing as I only get 4 weeks annual leave at the moment ๐Ÿ˜€

I have an unconditional for Adult Nursing too but I am really undecided between Caley or UWS Paisley!! Big decision to make ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Posted from TSR Mobile
dibbles1234
Rep:
[QUOTE=rada9693;70459020]I work full time so actually the idea of 7 weeks off for the whole year is appealing as I only get 4 weeks annual leave at the moment ๐Ÿ˜€

I have an unconditional for Adult Nursing too but I am really undecided between Caley or UWS Paisley!! Big decision to make ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Awe I know.....time off is time off. I just have 7 weeks of school holidays to cover for my son. I am sure it will be fine
What is swaying you from picking one uni over another?
username3033574
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Placements has swayed me to UWS as I come from Argyll & Bute so if I can possibly have the option to go home for placement that would be a massive bonus. I have had also feedback from students from both unis but UWS has came out on top for me.

I did however prefer Caley facilities but I decided that wasn't enough to sway me. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted from TSR Mobile
LynetteMc
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dibbles1234)
Hello, I have been accepted into GCU adult nursing course (very excited). I am sure that I read/heard somewhere that in terms of holidays we get either June/July or July/August off.........I have since heard that this is not true. It is not a great big deal but just wanted clarification?
I went to my first study day for GCU this week for 2nd year entry and we got issues with our S-OAR. It gives you the placement dates and holidays for this year in it. From what I can see

All students are off for 2 weeks in December, 1 week in April and 3 weeks in August.

1st year students go on placement 3 weeks in January (hub), 6 weeks March/April then the 3rd placement you do either May/June or July/August for 8 weeks and from what I gather you are then off for the weeks you are not on placement of those 2 choices you are off.

Year 2 placements are 6 weeks November time, 6 weeks Jan/Feb and nag again a split of either May/June or July/August for placement or holiday then 3 weeks back at hub in august

Year 3 placement is 12 weeks starting January and 13 weeks starting May
Calvin1912
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi thanks for the info I'm actually trying to sort child care for my 2 year old and start first year at cali and was wondering if anyone had times or days will possibly in classes.
LynetteMc
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Calvin1912)
Hi thanks for the info I'm actually trying to sort child care for my 2 year old and start first year at cali and was wondering if anyone had times or days will possibly in classes.
Unfortunately you wonโ€™t get your individual timetable until about a week before you start and classes run everyday so make it really difficult to work out what days you might be in until your allocated to the classes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
41.98%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.63%

Watched Threads