The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

firebladez777.5
Extremely frustrated. Can't help thinking how wildly unfair it si that UCAS and all the universities now know *cough* OUR A-Level results; yet we still have to wait another 4 days to get them. (Why are examining bodies so obsessed with bbeing shrouded in secrecy?)

Well they could release them to everyone at once but it would just mean a wait of at least a week to find out if you've still got a place should you miss a grade...better that everyone waits 3 days than to force people to live in uni-limbo for longer than necessary...
i cant remember i thought i did i keep having messed up dreams about other stuff but i cant remember results dreams which is weird as they are on my mind the most!
ive been to work a lot and instead i have psycho dreams about that!
i bet on wednesday i will have horrid dreams/no sleep
~*glitter*~
how well do u think u've done in ur as/a levels?

Yay. Only 4 more days. :cool:

Not sure how I have done. But I would love it if I got my A's :biggrin:
Reply 23
Pencil Queen
Well they could release them to everyone at once but it would just mean a wait of at least a week to find out if you've still got a place should you miss a grade...better that everyone waits 3 days than to force people to live in uni-limbo for longer than necessary...
i never want to know
yeah yeah u do really though
I think realistically, A in history, C's in Econ and Phil, and a B in Maths, which is a bugger cause I'm predicted all A's but just messed up a lot of the exams.
Pencil Queen

True.
I'm just worried about results day because of my friend's results. Basically, if she doesn't get AA, she won't be going to Durham as she got a C in one of her subjects.

ARGH! I want her to go so badly.
Reply 28
thunderstorm
yeah yeah u do really though

no i dont, cus it would make me even nmore of a failure that i already am
Reply 29
innercitylife
C's in Econ

To get Cs, you'd need 40%s in each module, I sincerely doubt you've done that badly m'dear =P
I've become slightly paranoid after my friend got an A in AS, and proceeded to get a C in her A2s. She's always been a fantastic student, with 4As and a B for AS, but I have NO IDEA how she dropped to a C for Bio. Weird things do happen, I just hope they don't happen to anyone else.
fishpaste
To get Cs, you'd need 40%s in each module, I sincerely doubt you've done that badly m'dear =P
What? That's mad. Surely 100% in one paper can't count for that much.
innercitylife
What? That's mad. Surely 100% in one paper can't count for that much.

If you got 100% for all the AS modules, then it does.
And if you get an A for AS, that's already 80
And you get 40 for A2

(80 + 40)/2 = 60 .......... which is a C.
Reply 34
lilsunflower
If you got 100% for all the AS modules, then it does.

Nah, she's doing ASes, she got 100% in the jan module, just sat two june modules, but she's right I'm slightly wrong (but not much)

To get a B, she'd need 210/300, so 110 points between two more modules, or 55% in each. She can manage that I'm SURE :smile:
fishpaste
Nah, she's doing ASes, she got 100% in the jan module, just sat two june modules, but she's right I'm slightly wrong (but not much)

To get a B, she'd need 210/300, so 110 points between two more modules, or 55% in each. She can manage that I'm SURE :smile:

Think maybe then I'll get that £75/£100 mum promised me for a B/A in Econ? ='( Pah. Thank you for that, just seems soooo mad.
dan. i think i did bad but surely i got over 40% in two of them!
i hope so :|
Reply 37
innercitylife
Think maybe then I'll get that £75/£100 mum promised me for a B/A in Econ? ='( Pah. Thank you for that, just seems soooo mad.

Yep.
Reply 38
~*glitter*~
how well do u think u've done in ur as/a levels?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shhhhhhh! :mad:
innercitylife

your parents give you money for good grades ? OMG.

MB

Latest

Trending

Trending