The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
musicboy
your parents give you money for good grades ? OMG.

MB
i know, i didnt even get a well done on for my gcse 1s
Reply 41
Tinykates
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shhhhhhh! :mad:

heeeyyy!!!! how are u tk? i thought u was leavin
musicboy

MB
No only that one good grade cause I despise Economics with all my heart and really didn't feel like bothering with the exam... so mom gave me a cash incentive. It worked.

I know a guy that got paid £100 for each A he got at his GCSEs and £200 for each A* - this guy got 6 A*s and 5 As, lucky git.
musicboy

MB

if i get all As i get £100 :biggrin:

alas, coursework means i'll be looking at at least 1 C :frown:
Reply 44
~*glitter*~
heeeyyy!!!! how are u tk? i thought u was leavin

i did...and i have :biggrin:
i'm gooooood thanks, the weather here is poooooooo tho :frown:
Tinykates
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shhhhhhh! :mad:

Not long now :biggrin:
Reply 46
innercitylife
No only that one good grade cause I despise Economics with all my heart and really didn't feel like bothering with the exam... so mom gave me a cash incentive. It worked.

I know a guy that got paid £100 for each A he got at his GCSEs and £200 for each A* - this guy got 6 A*s and 5 As, lucky git.

so he got nearly 2grand for doin what he should have done anyway....

uuuummmmm :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Tinykates
i did...and i have :biggrin:
i'm gooooood thanks, the weather here is poooooooo tho :frown:

aaaawwww, its really nice here, where are u?
Reply 48
~*glitter*~
aaaawwww, its really nice here, where are u?

jus south of london - nr gatwick
~*glitter*~

does no-one believe in education for real purposes rather than exams these days. How depressing.

MB
~*glitter*~

His parents were mental anyway. His dad was a governer for the school, that boy was spoilt rotten, it was ridiculously unfair as he got really special treatment at school too, lots of extra support just for that.

You can't deny though it's a nice way to congratulate your kids.
Reply 51
musicboy
does no-one believe in education for real purposes rather than exams these days. How depressing.

MB

maybe we would if the education system was to designed to educate us, rather than for us to take exams :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 52
Tinykates
jus south of london - nr gatwick
:rolleyes:
Tinykates
maybe we would if the education system was to designed to educate us, rather than for us to take exams :biggrin: :tongue:

School is a despotic system of indoctrination, designed to crush the spirit and wipe out creativity.
Hehe.. If I get the grades for Durham, my parents are giving me a really expensive gift - paying for my uni fees! That's 20k p.a., so I'm really appreciative.
Reply 55
innercitylife
His parents were mental anyway. His dad was a governer for the school, that boy was spoilt rotten, it was ridiculously unfair as he got really special treatment at school too, lots of extra support just for that.

You can't deny though it's a nice way to congratulate your kids.

uuuummmmm, my parents should take head!!!!!
I dreamt that i got my results, and got all confused when i saw the paper and eventually thought i'd got a C for film studies (had been planning on getting an A!) and i started to cry and get really upset, and then this woman next to me explained that it was just for one of the papers but i'd got an A overall. I wish.

Honestly, I'm thinking ABC or ABD. But I don't really remember the exams anymore as they were so long ago, so i dont have much to base it on without referring back to ancient diary entries!!

I've got a terrible hangover today, so that's a distraction, and then it's only monday, tuesday and wednesday - woo. I just want to know, either way.

I don't mind people knowing, that's just the way that it is. Plus waiting until the 19th IS better in terms of the unis having lots of time to make decisions! Just as long as they are in my favour :smile:
Tinykates

Of course. In essence I think the nature of schools are problematic *goes off to fish out some Ivan Illych and Tom Holt quotes*
Reply 58
firebladez777.5
School is a despotic system of indoctrination, designed to crush the spirit and wipe out creativity.

Indeed! :biggrin: I bet you didn't learn all those big words at school, did you? :tongue:
Tinykates

Hehe, spot on :tongue: