Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Only 4 More Days To Go!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hehe.. If I get the grades for Durham, my parents are giving me a really expensive gift - paying for my uni fees! That's 20k p.a., so I'm really appreciative.
    for durham? its a **** hole there

ReputationRep:
    no offence

ReputationRep:
    Urggh... does it always get this intense on UKL during results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Urggh... does it always get this intense on UKL during results day?
    its not results day for another 4 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    for durham? its a **** hole there
    No it isn't. Why did you say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Indeed! I bet you didn't learn all those big words at school, did you?
    Of course I did. That's what makes the irony.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: i thought durham was meant to be really nice and posh

ReputationRep:
    :confused: i thought durham was meant to be really nice and posh
    When I went up there to visit last year it looked great, beautiful scenery...one of the reasons I chose the university. Hardly any townies either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    When I went up there to visit last year it looked great, beautiful scenery...one of the reasons I chose the university. Hardly any townies either
    i've never been, but it looked nice in the prospectus hehe.
    the people were RAHs though when I asked if they did media at the higher ed. fair - i'm sure you're not though

ReputationRep:
    i've never been, but it looked nice in the prospectus hehe.
    the people were SURAHs though when I asked if they did media at the higher ed. fair - i'm sure you're not though
    Mmm, it has lots of historical stuff too.
    Rahs? I've been warned to keep a distance away...they're the rejected Oxbridge type I guess, maw. If I go to Durham I'll have to pay for everything myself so I'm hardly the posh type

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Mmm, it has lots of historical stuff too.
    Rahs? I've been warned to keep a distance away...they're the rejected Oxbridge type I guess, maw. If I go to Durham I'll have to pay for everything myself so I'm hardly the posh type
    hehe yeh - i'm sure there'll be lots of others like you too though - my friend at newcastle keeps warnin me about them. i doubt there'll e many in leeds though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    how well do u think u've done in ur as/a levels?
    Not good...I need AAA to get into uni, and I'm almost certain I have got ABB.

ReputationRep:
    how do i think i've done?! who knows! well other than the examining bodies, etc. i'm worried- one of my exams was really bad- our college complained to the board- not sure if it'll have helped tho- our results will show the school just how rubbish a teacher the head is tho if nothing else!
    i've had nitemares about results day for the last week or so- not getting in at all n having to take a year out/resit, not getting in n going thru clearing to do a degree thats not my first choice, i have friends going to the same city- not the same uni tho- and dreamed that they all ended up going to sheffield- their first/insurance choices...and i went to my first choice- my insurance being sheffield....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Not good...I need AAA to get into uni, and I'm almost certain I have got ABB.
    That's why I don't aim for a too high university

ReputationRep:
    4 days left...and the scary dreams have started

i had the weirdest dream last night, everyone had done kinda bad, and i was one of the last put of my friends to open my results....i got 3 A's in subjects that i needed, but then i got an E in general studies and in English. maybe i'm being fussy but i really want to do well in english, just to prove i'm good at it, and so the year wasnt a waste of extra frees

ReputationRep:
    ive not had anything through the post from my uni since last week, have they rejected me do u think?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: How did i not notice this thread before now? Lol i am addicted to the pre-results threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    :eek: How did i not notice this thread before now? Lol i am addicted to the pre-results threads.
    i have one thing to say.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i have one thing to say.:eek:
    Ok

(Original post by horrorboy)
    ive not had anything through the post from my uni since last week, have they rejected me do u think?
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    doubt it, what have they sent you up to now then? i haven't heard from my unis in about 3 months

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.