Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Only 4 More Days To Go!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    literally this year you can see that the peak of pub drinks sales for the first time since roughly last year jumps to about 500% expected by 2pm
    sounds positive enough to me

ReputationRep:
    Come on people think rationally here. Worrying about your results will in no way change them, and only take it's toll on your physically and mentally. Just aceept that you will not know what you got until thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Come on people think rationally here. Worrying about your results will in no way change them, and only take it's toll on your physically and mentally. Just aceept that you will not know what you got until thursday.
    lol!..rit on

im been realistic, kinda know im gonna do okayish

but its too much hassle too worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by austinmetro)
    lol!..rit on

im been realistic, kinda know im gonna do okayish

but its too much hassle too worry

I have no idea what I have got, but I do not care at present. The time for caring will come (in 3 days, 11 hours).

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Well they're going to invent special grades for me:
    Biology-Y
    Chemistry-Z
    Maths -Z
    French - (Can hopefully scrape an A, but something could have gone drastically wrong, so bracing myself for another Y).

I'm quite excited about this. Getting a Z has to be an acheivement of sorts, and I'll be the first person to experience it.

It's actually exactly 3 days now.

ReputationRep:
    ok i had a dream that i did brilliantly last night....whats going on with my mind? i woke up feeling all happy, and then realised i still have 3 days to go...crap...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ok i had a dream that i did brilliantly last night....whats going on with my mind? i woke up feeling all happy, and then realised i still have 3 days to go...crap...
    I've been having dream/nightmares with varying intensities of horror...but strangely I never actually find out what my results are. I open the envelope, feel faintly nauseous, and then wake up. Great. (my clairvoyant powers have yet to kick in....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    I've been having dream/nightmares with varying intensities of horror...but strangely I never actually find out what my results are. I open the envelope, feel faintly nauseous, and then wake up. Great. (my clairvoyant powers have yet to kick in....)

haha.. ive been having the same identical dreams for about 2weeks.. and joy of joys last night in my dream i opened them n got AAAB... n i was still gutted.. think ive set my expectations a little high! x

ReputationRep:
    you all obviously care way too much about results
    I haven't had any dreams or anything.. its not that lifechanging

think about it.. if you get 4 Ds, imagine yourself 10 years later, you'll probably be saying "im glad I got 4 Ds, otherwise I wouldn't have met my wife and got that job as I'd have gone to uni instead".. or something like that

ReputationRep:

think about it.. if you get 4 Ds, imagine yourself 10 years later, you'll probably be saying "im glad I got 4 Ds, otherwise I wouldn't have met my wife and got that job as I'd have gone to uni instead".. or something like that

to mess your life up would take more than getting bad results, you'd have to say something like "drugs are great I recommend them to all kids" on primetime TV or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

to mess your life up would take more than getting bad results, you'd have to say something like "drugs are great I recommend them to all kids" on primetime TV or something

good point, but at this moment in time, a lot of us are planning our future life around what we get on thursday. we've spent the past 2/3 years working towards this one day, we don't want it to be in vain. think about those who've applied for career-orientated courses, e.g medicine. if they don't get their offers they are screwed for what they want to do

ReputationRep:
    Let's just bottle up until the results are given to us. Grit and bare it.

ReputationRep:
    I guess thats all we can do...well that and worry some more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    good point, but at this moment in time, a lot of us are planning our future life around what we get on thursday. we've spent the past 2/3 years working towards this one day, we don't want it to be in vain. think about those who've applied for career-orientated courses, e.g medicine. if they don't get their offers they are screwed for what they want to do
    thats me, if i dont get it, i really dont know what the hell i would do cos clearing is not an option, supposed to go on holiday on saturday, and all my unis probably would not take me back again because i would have to retake a lot of modules... lets hope that it doesnt come to that

ReputationRep:
    on the cyrogenetic issue, imagine having a child, then getting frozen, and then being unfrozen when your childs then same age as you. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    on the cyrogenetic issue, imagine having a child, then getting frozen, and then being unfrozen when your childs then same age as you. lol.
    wow, that would be...weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    That would be most strange. Reminds me of in Aliens when Ripley is in hypersleep and wakes up in a time when her daughter has already died etc. I think a lot of films have covered this type of plot. Cryogenics is great, we can mess up plotlines completely

ReputationRep:
    im sure there was 7 pages to this thread a minute ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    im sure there was 7 pages to this thread a minute ago
    There are?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.