The Student Room Group

Annoyed at relatives for money grabbing inheritance

My grandad died a couple weeks ago and basically one of my uncles has kept us in the dark about some money he wanted to leave me, brother and mum. It was my Fathers Dad, and so we only found out through a carer of his, shortly before his death.

Mum and dad were divorced so we hardly saw grandparents but they were especially fond of me as I look like my father. Father died young so it destroyed my grandparents.

Long story short; the uncle in question has always been greedy and tigt with money, despite hving money and he made my other uncle pay for the meals and drinks in the pub because they saod he never left alot, despite been told off grandads carer that he had insurance and he wanted to leave cash.

Apparently my aunty (uncles wife) turned to my grandad and told him not to bother leaving us money as we dont see him. Hey wanted it all for themselves.

They didnt even give any of the money to my other uncle whom is lovely and would do anything for me. He has been to prison, been beat by my grandad and others and had it rough but he'd still give you the shirt off his back. He has a short temper and have to be careful what i say.

Basically I'venever had a lot growing up, and had ot hard, financially, physically been disabld, and ive suffered mental health problems as well as work related stress.

Im not too fussed about the money, its the principle of it. You dont steal from family.

My dad wouldve turned in his grave. Really it was my dads money but uncle is a money grabber like is wife.

Why is it the most greedy in the world have it all?
Original post by royal1990
My grandad died a couple weeks ago and basically one of my uncles has kept us in the dark about some money he wanted to leave me, brother and mum. It was my Fathers Dad, and so we only found out through a carer of his, shortly before his death.

Mum and dad were divorced so we hardly saw grandparents but they were especially fond of me as I look like my father. Father died young so it destroyed my grandparents.

Long story short; the uncle in question has always been greedy and tigt with money, despite hving money and he made my other uncle pay for the meals and drinks in the pub because they saod he never left alot, despite been told off grandads carer that he had insurance and he wanted to leave cash.

Apparently my aunty (uncles wife) turned to my grandad and told him not to bother leaving us money as we dont see him. Hey wanted it all for themselves.

They didnt even give any of the money to my other uncle whom is lovely and would do anything for me. He has been to prison, been beat by my grandad and others and had it rough but he'd still give you the shirt off his back. He has a short temper and have to be careful what i say.

Basically I'venever had a lot growing up, and had ot hard, financially, physically been disabld, and ive suffered mental health problems as well as work related stress.

Im not too fussed about the money, its the principle of it. You dont steal from family.

My dad wouldve turned in his grave. Really it was my dads money but uncle is a money grabber like is wife.

Why is it the most greedy in the world have it all?

Did he leave a will? the executor or trustee in admin needs to account for all his assets and distribute the monies according to the will or intestacy. If its only small amounts and the will has been dealt with then move on. I doubt its worth fighting over unless large amounts are at stake or you have evidence of serious illegalities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending