The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to become a forensic scientist?

For GCSEs I got all A*-A in maths and sciences but for A levels I only took essay based subjects, is it some how still possible for me to get into forensic science or is it too late now even for an apprenticeship?
You really have to look at entry requirements for unis and apprenticeships to see if you're eligible and what the deadlines and timelines are.
[QUOTE="valdokarina;70446130"]For GCSEs I got all A*-A in maths and sciences but for A levels I only took essay based subjects, is it some how still possible for me to get into forensic science or is it too late now even for an apprenticeship?[/QUOTE

I don't think its ever too late.Have you looked into forensic science with a foundation year? Foundation years can be for students who didn't choose the right a level mix and want to do something completely different.. Ive just done a quick search and there are unis like kent that offer it. Are you first year a levels or have you already applied??
Reply 3
[QUOTE="artymaniac;70446242"]
Original post by valdokarina
For GCSEs I got all A*-A in maths and sciences but for A levels I only took essay based subjects, is it some how still possible for me to get into forensic science or is it too late now even for an apprenticeship?[/QUOTE

I don't think its ever too late.Have you looked into forensic science with a foundation year? Foundation years can be for students who didn't choose the right a level mix and want to do something completely different.. Ive just done a quick search and there are unis like kent that offer it. Are you first year a levels or have you already applied??

Thank you I will have a look and first year of a levels
No problem, thats even better- you have time to look at all the different unis and can discuss with them if required!

Good luck!!!
Reply 5
Original post by artymaniac
No problem, thats even better- you have time to look at all the different unis and can discuss with them if required!

Good luck!!!

Thank youuu
Original post by valdokarina
For GCSEs I got all A*-A in maths and sciences but for A levels I only took essay based subjects, is it some how still possible for me to get into forensic science or is it too late now even for an apprenticeship?

As alleycat said you are going to have to search though the entry requirements for each degree course.

You are looking for an alternate entry onto the degree that might be entry via a foundation year, alternatively you could take the science degree A level or do an access course after your A levels. Up to you to do the research though.

Biology, Chemistry, Human Biology, Applied Science, Maths. seem to be the favoured a levels. I did look at some for you but they are low ranking unis so imo youd be better off doing a science a level and getting onto the best forensic science course you can..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending