The Student Room Group

Step up to Social Work Cohort 6 2019

Scroll to see replies

https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_capita78.asp?newms=info2

The email came from DOE and has this link to the application, good luck!!:h: I sent my app off the other day, still waiting to hear back!
Reply 41
Original post by Lex2010
Has anyone else not got the email? I have registered my interest again and not heard anything. Also did it on another email address and not heard anything. I'm worried I'm missing it.. is it coming from a random email address???

Mine was in my junk! I’m convinced it’s not legit now lol
Reply 42
I applied two years ago but didnt get an interview. Hoping for one this year. Last year the deadline was May and i heard back in June. It looks like the deadline is March this year so might hear in April unless they do some filtering straight away
Hi, I'm thinking of applying. I have a degree in adult nursing, I graduated 5 years ago. What sort of experience do you need? I work in Cardiac Intensive Care with adults, I have a meeting with a children's charity for children who are disadvantaged, in care and are under child protection/safeguarding next week but this will mean I don't have 6 months experience on the date of applying....but will have by the time I would start the course. Do I need more experience/ should already have experience before applying? Thanks
Those who have applied/are applying, what experience have you got? Mine is in a pastoral/safeguarding role in a school, and some voluntary (although not a lot!)
Reply 45
Im a teacher and have been for nearly 4-5 years. Its hard to know what they are actually looking for!
Reply 46
you don't need the email to apply, there are links all over google which take you to the page x
Reply 47
Original post by LBentwood
Hi, I'm thinking of applying. I have a degree in adult nursing, I graduated 5 years ago. What sort of experience do you need? I work in Cardiac Intensive Care with adults, I have a meeting with a children's charity for children who are disadvantaged, in care and are under child protection/safeguarding next week but this will mean I don't have 6 months experience on the date of applying....but will have by the time I would start the course. Do I need more experience/ should already have experience before applying? Thanks

Don't quote me but I would say you already need the experience because the questions on the application are basically 'describe your time working with a vulnerable child/young person or adult.' You technically write a mini case study. So if you have 6 months of working with vulnerable adults, and you can write about one in particular, you should be ok? There are 2 questions on that.
Reply 48
Same! but no voluntary. Worked with kids, since 2016
Does anyone know what happens after you've submitted your application? What is the process? Is there a video interview or anything or straight to assessment centre? Thanks in advanced x
Original post by ashleew94
Does anyone know what happens after you've submitted your application? What is the process? Is there a video interview or anything or straight to assessment centre? Thanks in advanced x

Nope, no video interviews you get an email probably in April to invite you to assessment centres x
Has anyone heard anything back? I sent my applications off 3 weeks ago?
Reply 52
I believe they let us know after applications close, at some point in April?
Reply 53
Hi, anyone heard anything yet? I submitted mine on Saturday. Fingers crossed for you all :smile:
Reply 54
I submitted mine Monday 6AM..... Don't ask haha..... But havent heard nothing yet
Hi I have applied for this year cohort I applied for 2018 but did not pass through asssent day which was intense hoping I have some more experience and qualities now to get through or does anyone know if they would not let you reapply a second time (my application had been submitted just waiting to hear now!!) from previous questions about experience I have a 2:1 in psychology which I got in 2012 and since have worked in residential care homes with looked after children and now for local authority on leaving care team .. fingers crossed for me and everyone else!! I know it’s only been two week but feels like forever!
Original post by Jenniep28
Hi I have applied for this year cohort I applied for 2018 but did not pass through asssent day which was intense hoping I have some more experience and qualities now to get through or does anyone know if they would not let you reapply a second time (my application had been submitted just waiting to hear now!!) from previous questions about experience I have a 2:1 in psychology which I got in 2012 and since have worked in residential care homes with looked after children and now for local authority on leaving care team .. fingers crossed for me and everyone else!! I know it’s only been two week but feels like forever!

Hi,

As far as I’m aware you can apply as many times as you like regardless of if you have before! Good luck!
Hi guys
Any ideas when interviews and shortlisting will be?
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 59
Everyone is posting on this one - Step Up to Social Work 2020; there's over 23 pages of conversation with answers to questions etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest