Conditional offer as my firm!! Pls help ASAP!!

Watch
Lovablegrande
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I just got my conditional offer from the university I really want to go to today, I want to know if I accept that offer as my firm, is it possible for the university to change their offer after that? (My friend has applied for the same course as me and got a conditional offer, when they accepted that as their firm choice their offer changed to unconditional) again is it possible for a uni to change offers after firm acceptance?? Thanks.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lovablegrande)
So I just got my conditional offer from the university I really want to go to today, I want to know if I accept that offer as my firm, is it possible for the university to change their offer after that? (My friend has applied for the same course as me and got a conditional offer, when they accepted that as their firm choice their offer changed to unconditional) again is it possible for a uni to change offers after firm acceptance?? Thanks.
It is possible yes, but not that likely
Lovablegrande
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
It is possible yes, but not that likely
Is there a reason why they do this after accepting the conditional offer as firm and changing it to unconditional, as it happened to my friend and I'm just wondering if it's going to happen to me because I will be accepting them as firm. Sorry about this but I'm just a bit worried.
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is there a reason why they do this after accepting the conditional offer as firm and changing it to unconditional, as it happened to my friend and I'm just wondering if it's going to happen to me because I will be accepting them as firm. Sorry about this but I'm just a bit worried.
Some Unis try to get students to go to their Unis by giving an unconditional offer IF they make them their firm choice.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's possible since starting to hand out offers, they then realised not enough people were accepting places so they wouldn't have enough students.
Lovablegrande
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobjim12)
Some Unis try to get students to go to their Unis by giving an unconditional offer IF they make them their firm choice.
My friend and I were given the same offer but they didn't say in the offer they would change it to unconditional if accepted as firm. There was no mention of that, and my friend got a unconditional after accepting it as firm
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My friend and I were given the same offer but they didn't say in the offer they would change it to unconditional if accepted as firm. There was no mention of that, and my friend got a unconditional after accepting it as firm
Yes, that is odd. They usually make it explicit, perhaps that they weren't expecting your friend to firm them and thus are attempting to hold onto them.
Lovablegrande
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobjim12)
Yes, that is odd. They usually make it explicit, perhaps that they weren't expecting your friend to firm them and thus are attempting to hold onto them.
Do you think there's a chance they will give me an unconditional like my friend if I accept them as firm?
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you think there's a chance they will give me an unconditional like my friend if I accept them as firm?
There's no way of knowing for sure, but if what the other person is saying and that they are low on numbers and that you are a realistic applicant (acceptable grades etc) then it is possible.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
As claire said it is possible.
You are getting into a tizz over very little.
Just ring them up and ask if theres any chance it will be made conditional if you firm it. Point out your friends experience. You dont get if you dont ask.

The reason it is done is because it locks you in.
Lovablegrande
Rep:
?
Ok thanks for everyone's help, I'll take your advice into consideration!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kiimii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?
Lovablegrande
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kiimii)
just out of curiosity, what course did you apply to?
Fashion Design

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (489)
33.36%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (610)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.4%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.64%

Watched Threads