The Student Room Group

I don't like romantic men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tom Jickleson
Have you been diagnosed with autism? Don't feel embarrassed about it if you have, autism is very common and can affect many individuals in different ways. There are various ways of treating people with autism nowadays and lots of help should you need it.

There's nothing wrong with autism but I don't see how did u link not liking romance with autism? I don't want to offend u but I hope u aren't a therapist:-)
I can see where OP is coming from.

There is a difference between making an effort and trying too hard, and some things seem out of place and are cringeworthy.

Another big point for me is that romantic gestures should be private and kept off facebook etc. If things are on facebook they are done more to get attention and show off than meaningful for the other person.
I think there is truth in what you're saying. I think public displays are a bad sign. Why do you need to show the world what a great partner you are? It's over compensating for something.

If he's serenading her, he is probably knocking her about at home.

I think it can also be a sign of possessiveness. Why post on Facebook when you can tell her privately? It's to tell other men she already has a great partner and to back off. It's insecure.
You clearly want a manly man. The manliest man-y man to ever be mainly manly:

Attachment not found
Original post by Ann UK
From my personal observation:-)I'm not a relationship expert but I've noticed that romantic boys are more unstable.like one day whey can write a poem for u and tell u that u are his everything and the next day they go and find another inspiration:-)

Actually you have a point. The reason is most probably that they are much more superficial in character.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Actually you have a point. The reason is most probably that they are much more superficial in character.

Yes.totally agree with u
Reply 46
Original post by Sternumator
I think there is truth in what you're saying. I think public displays are a bad sign. Why do you need to show the world what a great partner you are? It's over compensating for something.

If he's serenading her, he is probably knocking her about at home.

I think it can also be a sign of possessiveness. Why post on Facebook when you can tell her privately? It's to tell other men she already has a great partner and to back off. It's insecure.

I have decided not to post anything related to my romantic life on fb.I feel sorry for ppl who do so,maybe I am wrong..who knows?!
Reply 47
Original post by Kierensaddlr
You clearly want a manly man. The manliest man-y man to ever be mainly manly:

Attachment not found

I am looking for a Spiderman!
Reply 48
I'll only be romantic to a girl I really like.
Original post by Ann UK
I don't like romantic men/boys.from my observation they are: less faithful and very unstable in relationship.
Roses,Serenades,poems,candles,writing long love_letters,writing a romantic fb status about your love = a lot of girls dream about these things ,but they don't mean anything to me.
I want to find pragmatic/practical, person,who will love me and make me feel loved.
I think caring about your partner is the most important thing,so I don't need additional ,,surprises"
Maybe I'll change my views in the future.who knows.
EDIT:what do u think? Is it weird?bc most girls I know love romantic surprises:-)

I'm possibly the least romantic guy I know, even though I've made it clear I have a crush on some1 at my school!
Original post by Ann UK
There's nothing wrong with autism but I don't see how did u link not liking romance with autism? I don't want to offend u but I hope u aren't a therapist:-)

Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a condition that affects social interaction, communication, interests and behaviour.

With a proper diagnosis, adults with ASD may be able to access local autism support services, if available in their area. You can search for services for adults using the Autism Services directory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending