Who are your favourite fictional female characters? Watch

Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Going on with the topic from today of International Women's Day, we have spoken a lot about real life women who inspire us but fictional characters can be inspiring too and a lot of the time, they are based from real people.

So who are your favourite female fictional characters? And why? They can be from books, films, TV shows, games - anything at all didn't know where exactly to put this thread so if my fellow mods feel it should be moved, that's fine

My all time favourite female character would have to be hands down, Samantha (Sam) Carter from Stargate. She is an astrophysicist, pilot, engineer as well as being a member of the US Air Force.
She has such passion for not just her work but for the entire planet (well, universe more like ) she has immense mental and physical strength but isn't afraid to show her vulnerable side. I also love the bond between her and Jack (don't get me started on them not being together :cry2: ) , Daniel and Teal'c. She is incredibly smart but is never cocky and you would trust her with your life.

Name:  Samantha_Carter_(AMU)_3.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  376.7 KB
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Going on with the topic from today of International Women's Day, we have spoken a lot about real life women who inspire us but fictional characters can be inspiring too and a lot of the time, they are based from real people.

So who are your favourite female fictional characters? And why? They can be from books, films, TV shows, games - anything at all didn't know where exactly to put this thread so if my fellow mods feel it should be moved, that's fine

My all time favourite female character would have to be hands down, Samantha (Sam) Carter from Stargate. She is an astrophysicist, pilot, engineer as well as being a member of the US Air Force.
She has such passion for not just her work but for the entire planet (well, universe more like ) she has immense mental and physical strength but isn't afraid to show her vulnerable side. I also love the bond between her and Jack (don't get me started on them not being together :cry2: ) , Daniel and Teal'c. She is incredibly smart but is never cocky and you would trust her with your life.

Name:  Samantha_Carter_(AMU)_3.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  376.7 KB
Kim from Kim Possible is an inspiration :lol: she would go around and stop evil happening... and being a teenage girl at the same time!
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jessica Rabbit :coma:
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I loveeeee Ramona Flowers
filmaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
Kim from Kim Possible is an inspiration :lol: she would go around and stop evil happening... and being a teenage girl at the same time!
hermoine for sure
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Katniss Everdeen and Samantha Jones - no explanation needed I don't think.
Snufkin
Report 2 years ago
Hermione Granger, Elizabeth Bennet and Martha Costello from Silk all for similar reasons (smart, strong, brave, emotionally mature etc).

Little My from the Moomins because she is her own person and really doesn't care what people think of her.

Asiangirl_18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jadis the White Witch. From Lion,Witch,Wardrobe.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek is another of mine. Her larger than life personality isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially Picard's but I loved her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dory - Finding Nemo
MyFightSong
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sansa Stark cos she's frigging awesome!!
Snufkin
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Asiangirl_18)
Jadis the White Witch. From Lion,Witch,Wardrobe.
You like someone who killed her sister/committed genocide (didn't she kill everyone from her home world)?
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of my favourite is America Chavez.
She's so badass, funny, and fab. :daydreaming:
SinsNotTragedies
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Angela Merkel
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Harley Quinn, Love her character!
Asiangirl_18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
You like someone who killed her sister/committed genocide (didn't she kill everyone from her home world)?
She's powerful and beautiful. Who doesn't make mistakes. But Ive always loved her character and have always wanted to dress up as her.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tifa from FF7, for obvious reasons.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Madaraki Fran, because Mad Science is fun.

Holo for her wit and intelligence.

Taneomi Shuzuru just for her mysterious aura and great character design.
||TheUnknown||
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jane Lane from 'Daria'. She is actually me.

Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
I used to love this show as a kid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (48)
28.57%
The paper was reasonable (86)
51.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
10.12%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
10.12%

Watched Threads