The Student Room Group

King's College London A100 Medicine Offer Holders - 2017 Entry

Thread for offer holders to A100 Medicine starting in September 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

Got my offer on the 21st of Feb after an interview in December. I'm an undergrad, home applicant. So excited, want to firm Kings!!
Reply 2
I'm a graduate applicant got my offer on 20th Feb (interview on 10th Jan) :smile: also firming kings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm one of the current 3rd years at GKT, if there is anything you want to know about the uni then I'm free to chat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do the semesters start/finish roughly in years 1 & 2? I'm an oldie with 2 kids & trying to plan childcare 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by worryguts33
When do the semesters start/finish roughly in years 1 & 2? I'm an oldie with 2 kids & trying to plan childcare 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best off contacting the university directly, the new curriculum is a lot more variable to the one I am on so can't really talk from my own experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Got an offer today for A 100 :smile: So.. Happy!
Which is the best accommodation for medical students please? Anyone attending offer holders day on April 8th?
Reply 7
Original post by Dsds24
Which is the best accommodation for medical students please? Anyone attending offer holders day on April 8th?

Congrats! I'm going on the offer holder day :smile: and I think I'm considering Great Dover Street. What about you?
Original post by Dsds24

Hey I'm a second year medic at GKT. The closest accommodation out of all the ones that King's offers is Wolfson, but I personally didn't like the look of the place. Great Dover Street apartments, or more colloquially know as GDS, is a hot spot for medical students and it's quite a vibrant and social place. I personally was there myself for first year and I quite enjoyed the place because it was close to campus (less than 10 mins away) and there was an on site study room and communal area. However I personally think that Moonraker trumps all these places because it has an on site gym plus the rooms are of much higher quality. The price is what brings it down though. Congrats on the offer!
Hey! Thought I should make my post as a future offer holder lol
Do you have to attend the offer holders' day for your offer to not be withdrawn???
I tried looking at the student accommodation options and was so overwhelmed I gave up!! Also, anyone knows of when to apply for scholarships??
Reply 12
Original post by rosemondtan
Do you have to attend the offer holders' day for your offer to not be withdrawn???

No it's optional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
No it's optional

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! :smile:
just wanted to know if youre a graduate applicant, what your overall ukcat score was?
Reply 15
Original post by Elliee_98
Hey! Thought I should make my post as a future offer holder lol

Seriously !! Waiting game is killong me too
Hi everyone,I just got an offer! Is there a facebook group or anything set up?
Reply 17
Original post by DibbyDabby
Hi everyone,I just got an offer! Is there a facebook group or anything set up?

Yep there's an official one, you get an email with the link :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you dm me the link please!
Original post by Pantego

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer but no link, when did you get your offer? :smile:

Quick Reply