The Student Room Group

Ladies! Do you use a handbag or backpack for university?

Just a bit of a fun nosy thread really :h:
I'm also in the market for a new bag, I'd be interested to know what everyone else uses :smile:. At the moment I use an oversized tote (really just because I'm cheap and it's what I had to hand, but I'd like to upgrade to a backpack so I don't bugger my shoulders up when I have a few lectures that day.
So what do you use, why? Like it?
(Bonus points for links/pictures!) :biggrin:
I alternate between a backpack and a handbag
If i have a day with two classes or im sticking around after ill take my backpack, mostly go for my handbag =)
Backpack bc I like to emulate Dora in my daily life :wizard:

jk I use a backpack so I then have both hands free to push people around in crowds.
Lol, backpack, no question. Comfortable, don't need hands, definitely will keep my stuff dry, harder to steal, loads of reasons.

But looking around at uni, it's probably about half and half with the ladies.
Reply 4
I've used a handbag through all of uni, but we've started clinical and I need to carry round a few books and my lunch so I've switched to a backpack :smile:
Backpack, It's been drilled into me since pre-preparatory that one should use a book bag that rests on two shoulders and has some support.
I use a handbag (a Kurt Geigar one). I only take my laptop (an 11" Macbook Air so really small and light), an A4 refill pad, couple of black biros and occasionally my lab coat. Then just the usual girly stuff (hand santizer, hand cream, etc..). Doesn't hurt my back and as I often go out after lectures it looks appropriate in a shopping centre as it does walking around campus.
Reply 7
I use a backpack or nothing at all. Most of the time I'll have my backpack cause I have my laptop in there, but occasionally, if I know I'm not using it or planning to go to the store, I'll just leave it at home and have my phone with me and that's it.
I used a messenger bag when I was feeling motivated and a small handbag when I couldn't be bothered to take much.

Quick Reply

Latest