This discussion is part of a series.
view previous
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
WOW!

The was incredible. This team has got some fire in there belly. The FK from Neymar was special.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The formation was interesting though. Was like a lopsided 3-4-3/3-5-2. Really penned PSG back although in all honesty PSG had chances on the counter but just bottled it.
JordanNI
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Unbelievable scenes. After a performance of that magnitude it's almost certainly Barca's tournament to lose
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I cant believe what ive just seen. Remarkable.
IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can we discuss Suarez being the greatest cheater football has ever seen? Can't fault his commitment to the cause.
Paulwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
The formation was interesting though. Was like a lopsided 3-4-3/3-5-2. Really penned PSG back although in all honesty PSG had chances on the counter but just bottled it.
In response to your previous comment in the closed thread...while it was a great game, in the same way as the PSG game was an aberration, this one game doesn't incompass the way Barca have played the last game 2 years. That being said, it is very effective so as fans should we complain? Otherwise of the equation is Mou is effective but I would hate for him to be anywhere near my beloved Spurs
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
PSG **** themselves plain and simply. Their keeper and defence didn't help themselves for the first two goals and all the plaudits Emery got have been shattered in record breaking fashion.

Have to give credit to Enrique, been under pressure but he could now wrestle the league from Real and win the CL again. Maybe a turning point similar to his first year in charge after a defeat to David Moyes' Real Sociedad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If someone would have told me that Barcelona moves into next round after 0-4 behind in the first leg, I would have regarded this person as crazy and would have hospitalised this one in a madhouse.

After this game, I am so sure that PSG would never, never get it to kick barcelona off. NEVER EVER!!
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Neymar was clutch as **** that game completely took it over.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
Can we discuss Suarez being the greatest cheater football has ever seen? Can't fault his commitment to the cause.
Are you talking about the two penalties for Barcelona? yeah, I would say one of those two was cheating by Suarez. Who cares? he would not be the only one in this situation who would take an advantage for the team by pretending a penalty.
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Are you talking about the two penalties for Barcelona? yeah, I would say one of those two was cheating by Suarez. Who cares? he would not be the only one in this situation who would take an advantage for the team by pretending a penalty.
Think you've took my comment the wrong way, I love his cheating. He embraces it whereas, as you pointed out people shame him but hypocritically ignore their own team/favourite players doing it.

First penalty was a penalty, don't know why people are complaining.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Someone must have put a bet on Barca winning 6-1..
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
Think you've took my comment the wrong way, I love his cheating. He embraces it whereas, as you pointed out people shame him but hypocritically ignore their own team/favourite players doing it.

First penalty was a penalty, don't know why people are complaining.
That is what I think about it. If the fans would complain about their own players for doing that, fine. But in this way...

(Original post by Zerforax)
Got the same in my mind when I heard how the match ended up. I would have had a huge amount of money now by betting on that result.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Had a fella put on 50 quid on Barcelona to win the Champions League before the match at 33/1 which I thought they weren't very generous odds at the time. Someone else had 5-1 and 5-0 but no 6-1 seems a bit silly not doing 6-1 with that too, bet the guy was kicking himself afterwards.
samiz20891
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
With Barcelona losing, good opportunity for Madrid to take the lead. Only drawing against betis currently but navas lucky not to be sent off.
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Looking forward to the Classico tonight.

Real will be favourites in this and it's a must win for Barca if they want to stay in the race for La Liga.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Going for a draw. Madrid will be easy to let Barcelona dictate the tempo and pick them off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol Ramos off (should have put a couple quid on that in hindsight).

No one left to clutch up and save this game for Madrid now.
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Should also be a 3 match ban for sarcastically applauding the ref
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Messi the GOAT. Absolutely loves scoring his milestone goals in big games. Number 500 baby
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8.19%
Confident (55)
13.25%
Indifferent (58)
13.98%
Unsure (107)
25.78%
Worried (161)
38.8%

Watched Threads

Latest