The Spanish Football Thread [part 2] Watch

This discussion is part of a series.
view previous
The Wavefunction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Messi will get all the plaudits, but how good is Marcelo?! Could watch him all day.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a game!

Real absolutely chucked it away and Zidane is at fault. Why, having got an equaliser to get the result you want, would you oversee only three players at the back with 10 men? A major blunder that could cost them the league. With their run in, plus a CL tie with Atletico, they could end up with nothing. And Zidane would be very lucky to keep his job.

Messi though... levels... And great celebration at the end. Ramos is infuriatingly nuts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a game. Messi cementing his status as the GOAT whilst Ronaldo costs Madrid a league title. Levels.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Wavefunction)
Messi will get all the plaudits, but how good is Marcelo?! Could watch him all day.
Marcelo is a monster, one of the great fullbacks of the decade - and he's still only 28!
The Wavefunction
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Marcelo is a monster, one of the great fullbacks of the decade - and he's still only 28!
Really like Carvajal as well. Really underrated.
TheLittlestElf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is ramos going to be banned for 3 games like Neymar for clapping? Hmm
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Name:  500.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  213.7 KB
What a special player and what a performance?! Incredible from him with a black eye and busted mouth and comes up with magic. Fantastic dribble and brilliant finish for the second. Rakatic's goal wasn't too bad either. Barca are back in the title race and with Real having 2 legs against Atleti in the SF- its going to interesting.

I thought Ter Stegen was fantastic, so many great saves. Umtiti, Pique, Iniesta and Busquets were brilliant. Asensio looks so so good, he's a star in the making and to think Barca could have signed him but got Douglas instead.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Great player but his elbow looked a bit suspicious to me. His defensive work isn't great but the width he adds to the Real attack and quality delivery is great to watch.

(Original post by Aky786UK)

Messi though... levels... And great celebration at the end. Ramos is infuriatingly nuts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ramos is a clown- Messi has as many Classico goals as Ramos has red cards! He jumped in two footed and was shocked to get a red? He must be bonkers? Casemiro was fortunate to avoid a second yellow tonight, he should have walked against Bayern as well.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLittlestElf)
Is ramos going to be banned for 3 games like Neymar for clapping? Hmm
Don't be silly, it's Real Madrid.
Bryci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Casemiro has an invisibility cloak with how often he gets away with it.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
Name:  500.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  213.7 KB
The amount of Latinas he must slay with that look
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea he was fantastic going forward and also in the Bayern game too.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Casemiro normally this susceptible to cards? Last two games I've seen he's been very, very lucky not to be sent off both times. Always had him down as someone who does his job fairly cleanly.

Asensio is a real talent (should play in Bale's position and Zidane made an error playing Bale. Isco unlucky not to even make it off the bench.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Never seen such an uncharacteristically insipid display by Atletico as tonight.

Real started off brightly and scored the first (offside call but I thought it was less controversial than the Bayern game) but Atletico were poor throughout. Just lacked in energy and intensity. Odd. Maybe some psychological block after their past defeats in this competition.

Griezmann was absent and even though they have a stadium move in the works, you could question whether the coach and star player will be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Never seen such an uncharacteristically insipid display by Atletico as tonight.

Real started off brightly and scored the first (offside call but I thought it was less controversial than the Bayern game) but Atletico were poor throughout. Just lacked in energy and intensity. Odd. Maybe some psychological block after their past defeats in this competition.

Griezmann was absent and even though they have a stadium move in the works, you could question whether the coach and star player will be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, they were really disappointing offering no intensity and Real had the quality to severely punish them. I thought Isco and Kroos were excellent in creating chances.

Griezmann had no service and was struggling on the scraps he had. Gameiro had their big chance and fluffed it. I thought it was strange from Cholo to go so offensive towards the end of the game as this allowed Real to play through them.

I think Cholo and Griezmann will stay for the first season of the new ground then move on.
username2769500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
What a game. Messi cementing his status as the GOAT whilst Ronaldo costs Madrid a league title. Levels.
Deifnitely it's all ronaldos fault he sucks they should have bought someone else.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Real Madrid to face Juventus in the CL final.

They had a fright in the first half but immense skills by Benzema to create that goal and Isco applying the finish.

I'd back Juventus to do what they couldn't do in 2015 and win the CL final yet Madrid have something in these finals (luck?) to get them the win

Zidane's record, no matter what you might think of his coaching nous, has to be respected. If he can win the League and CL then it has been a fantastic season but even if he doesn't win anything, he'll probably get another final year.

Bale, on the evidence that is him not playing in this side, shouldn't play in Cardiff but Perez' decision to play him will be accepted by Zidane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester United
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haven't visited this thread in a long while but it's clear the Messi **** ride still exists.

Not to worry, Real Madrid are going to win La Liga and a consecutive Champions League, whilst Ronaldo takes his 5th Ballon d'Or! Without doubt the most complete player in terms of left foot, right foot and head.

Just look at this penalty/tap-in/offside goal:

No point replying to this post btw, back to revision.

Hala Madrid!
The Wavefunction
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With regards to Bale surely Real are better of just telling him to call it a day for this season and just make sure you're over the injury and fit for the next season. Being Welsh I'd love to see him play in Cardiff, put firstly it's way too risky, and secondly I don't think he fits in the side at the minute.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With regards to Bale surely Real are better of just telling him to call it a day for this season and just make sure you're over the injury and fit for the next season. Being Welsh I'd love to see him play in Cardiff, put firstly it's way too risky, and secondly I don't think he fits in the side at the minute.
Just put him on the bench and see what he can do if you're in a bad situation. He did win it last time for them and is generally good in this kind of situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads