Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Messi bottled a 4-1 lead.

Jus sayin.
Does that include the mad media/marketing campaigns by Mendes?

The first time in history the voting was extended to allow the voters to be swayed by the game against Sweden?

The fact at the celebrations at the Bernabeu, he was singing "Cristiano Ballon D'oro" shows how much it means to him and how much it hurts him that he is forever in the shadows of Messi, despite how great a player he is. It's quite insecure.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Both of you are gay arse fanboys ffs.

Ronaldo's had a fantastic season, it's clear that Messi is a better technical player than Ronaldo but you can't deny Ronaldo's efficiency. Ronaldo's job now is solely to score goals(or assist if a goal is not possible) and he does it to perfection.

You posted last season about Ronaldo's lack of ability to score in big games, yet he's scored 10 goals after the group stages, including a hattrick vs Bayern, 2 goals vs Juventus in the final.
Disgusting comment mate, you should apologise immediately.

2 offside goals and Vidal incorrectly sent off and Casemiro somehow staying on plus an offside goal v Atleti, makes it all look a bit dodgy. He's a great goalscorer, no-one denies that but Messi still has a better record than him at it and he has so many shots in a game. I would love to see his goals to games in finals over his career. Before this CL final, he has failed to flatter in the previous finals.

One goal in Moscow (nice header) but not much impact and Terry's slip saved him. Atleti in Lisbon, he was non-exsistent and scored a penalty at 3-1 and celebrated like he won it on his own and then Atleti in Milan, non-exsistent again and then took the final pen to take all the glory. Ramos and Marcelo had greater impact in recent CL finals than him!

He's had a great 12 months but not the continuity.

2 La Liga titles in 8/9 years is terrible.

(Original post by Zerforax)
Hard to argue with what a ridiculous season Ronaldo had this season.

Zidane the new best manager in the world? Two CL trophies and a La Liga in like 18 months.

Or is he just right place right time with that squad?
He's made a fantastic squad, hasn't rocked the boat too much and let the team crack on. It will be interesting to see how they go on from this, keeping the players on the outskirts of the first eleven happy enough to stay and retain the squad depth that allowed them the squad to compete at a high level. He's set high standards for himself.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
Disgusting comment mate, you should apologise immediately.

2 offside goals and Vidal incorrectly sent off and Casemiro somehow staying on plus an offside goal v Atleti, makes it all look a bit dodgy. He's a great goalscorer, no-one denies that but Messi still has a better record than him at it and he has so many shots in a game. I would love to see his goals to games in finals over his career. Before this CL final, he has failed to flatter in the previous finals.

One goal in Moscow (nice header) but not much impact and Terry's slip saved him. Atleti in Lisbon, he was non-exsistent and scored a penalty at 3-1 and celebrated like he won it on his own and then Atleti in Milan, non-exsistent again and then took the final pen to take all the glory. Ramos and Marcelo had greater impact in recent CL finals than him!

He's had a great 12 months but not the continuity.

2 La Liga titles in 8/9 years is terrible.
Why are you salty as hell?

I dislike Real Madrid and think that Bayern were pretty much cheated(although they did brain fart and didn't take their dominant periods for both legs in their favour). I'm just saying that it is impossible to spin 10 goals in the knockout stages in the CL against Ronaldo's favour.

I just think that with you posting in the previous thread about Ronaldo's lack of ability to score in big games(which has been proven time and time again to not be the case especially this season) and now trying to find excuses as to why his goals don't count(like Messi or Barcelona haven't been on the good side of bad refereeing decisions) is nothing short of ridiculous.

End of the day Ronaldo's job is to score goals as efficiently as possible, he does it to perfection.

At least with Manchester United he knows he's a Ronaldo fanboy and plays up to it, you I'm worried about because you genuinely are triggered any time Ronaldo does well and instantly try to find a reason as to why his achievement wasn't really an achievement.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Even if you take his two goals against Bayern which shouldn't have counted, he still got 8 against 3 of the biggest teams in Europe.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can't specifically remember their CL run in 2016 but it wasn't as tough as it was this year and Ronaldo, no matter the incidents and moments around the games/goals, delivered. Real, more so, than last year are more worthy of their CL crown with the teams they beat.

Zidane deserves credit for Ronaldo being sharper at this time of the season but would it all have been possible if Bale had not got injured and Isco didn't have the chance to thrive in his absence? Doubt Zidane would have been brave to drop Bale for Isco purely on form and team fluidity.

But Modric, beautiful to watch every time. Worth every penny and more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Why are you salty as hell?

I dislike Real Madrid and think that Bayern were pretty much cheated(although they did brain fart and didn't take their dominant periods for both legs in their favour). I'm just saying that it is impossible to spin 10 goals in the knockout stages in the CL against Ronaldo's favour.

I just think that with you posting in the previous thread about Ronaldo's lack of ability to score in big games(which has been proven time and time again to not be the case especially this season) and now trying to find excuses as to why his goals don't count(like Messi or Barcelona haven't been on the good side of bad refereeing decisions) is nothing short of ridiculous.

End of the day Ronaldo's job is to score goals as efficiently as possible, he does it to perfection.

At least with Manchester United he knows he's a Ronaldo fanboy and plays up to it, you I'm worried about because you genuinely are triggered any time Ronaldo does well and instantly try to find a reason as to why his achievement wasn't really an achievement.
Homophobic abuse is unwarranted my friend.

Like I said he has had a fantastic 12 months and has done really well. He scored his goals and won the trophies. As discussed, 3 offside goals in the QF and SF, when games were tightly poised make a difference on the end results when the games at the elite level are separated on tiny details. He performed in this CL final in the previous two for Real he was a bystander. 1 Great performance out of 3 in CL finals for Real isn't great.

The team around him have come together really well. He didn't finish pichichi this season but the rest of the team scored plenty of goals to win the title.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
Homophobic abuse is unwarranted my friend.

Like I said he has had a fantastic 12 months and has done really well. He scored his goals and won the trophies. As discussed, 3 offside goals in the QF and SF, when games were tightly poised make a difference on the end results when the games at the elite level are separated on tiny details. He performed in this CL final in the previous two for Real he was a bystander. 1 Great performance out of 3 in CL finals for Real isn't great.

The team around him have come together really well. He didn't finish pichichi this season but the rest of the team scored plenty of goals to win the title.
Where was the homophobic abuse? Stop being triggered. He scored offside goals but has Messi never scored an illegitimate goal before that's changed a game either? If you score a lot of goals, law of averages means that will happen every now and again.

Yeah the team has done well under Zidane but again that doesn't mean you should take away from Ronaldo's achievement. Appreciate don't hate. Who cares about the Pichichi when Ronaldo's had reduced minutes(first time since 2010 he's had under 30 league appearances) and he's also 32 years old and has been adapting to a new position on the pitch.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Where was the homophobic abuse? Stop being triggered. He scored offside goals but has Messi never scored an illegitimate goal before that's changed a game either? If you score a lot of goals, law of averages means that will happen every now and again.

Yeah the team has done well under Zidane but again that doesn't mean you should take away from Ronaldo's achievement. Appreciate don't hate. Who cares about the Pichichi when Ronaldo's had reduced minutes(first time since 2010 he's had under 30 league appearances) and he's also 32 years old and has been adapting to a new position on the pitch.

"Both of you are gay arse fanboys ffs"- There is no need.....

Scoring an illegitimate goal is one thing but 3 in 2 games? I think this is the least number of goals he has scored in a season for Real, so the law of averages is not as relevant as in the past, again as mentioned above his lack of scoring most of the goals has made the team more balanced and a stronger unit.

Zidane has done well and Real have the best squad in Europe. The bench they have is incredible- (Asensio, James, Kovacic, Pepe, Vasquez& Morata), I can't think of many other teams in the past decade or two that had that strength in depth and Real have had some strong squads in the past 5-7 years, they have had Kaka, Di Maria, Ozil, Higuian..... The list of big hitters they have had is insane. So as much as the "Xavi- Iniesta" argument is used, which is completely false as demonstrated with a second treble achieved with the previous two mentioned playing less important roles plus 2 Copa America finals and 1 WC final with Argentina.

LOL about the Pichichi, he's seems the kinda guy who would rather score a hatrick and be on the losing side than win the game but not score! The "Cristiano Ballon D'oro" chant at the celebrations in the Bernabeu was a bit awkward. The goals to game ratio (which is a better reflection because it takes the reduced game time into account) shows Messi was superior:

All compeitions- Messi a goal every 82 mins and Ronaldo a goal every 98 mins

in the league Messi 77 mins, Ronaldo 102 mins

in the CL, which Ronaldo played to the final and Messi goal every 74 mins to Ronaldo 100 mins

The main attribute (goal scoring) that is quoted as too why Ronaldo is superior and Messi still beats him.

Messi has been in a new role, as a playmaker, securing more goals and assists, even when playing in a deeper role then he has played before and deeper than Ronaldo. The opposite to Ronaldo, who scores most of his goals in the box, with a one touch finish. Ronaldo has played a similar role/position for the last couple of seasons.

Like I said before, Ronaldo has had a fantastic 12 months but it doesn't make him better overall. As also mentioned before, turning up for 1 out 3 CL finals for Real is not great. Ramos had more impact in the CL finals than Ronaldo did! Ramos' goals were vital in 2 final to Ronaldo's in 1 CL final.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Saw the first line and if you genuinely think that is homophobic abuse there's no point even responding to the rest of your post as it's clear I'm dealing with a sensitive 12 year old.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The BDO is given to the guy who had the best 12 months, which was clearly Ronaldo.

Messi fanboys always gotta change the script and start talking nonsense.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Lol, you seem to be the one who is "triggered", when the comment you made was completely inappropriate and shows a lack of respect.

You didn't bother to reply properly because you lack any solid points. #rattled
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ronaldo is coming home!
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ronaldo's buy-out clause of 1bn means he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

This transfer 'request' is designed to a) get Real to support him even more b) a new pay deal to eclipse Messi's upcoming new deal c) take attention away from the nitty gritty of the tax accusations.

If he hadn't had the season he had, or the last 12 months he's had, Real would be more open to selling him to PSG. Even at 32, they'd get a very good fee. Ronaldo's brand appeal is still strong so teams (Woodward at United seems to want him purely for that) are still keen to acquire him for on and off the field reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Wavefunction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's nailed on for the Balon d'Or the way it stands. He surely won't risk moving away now.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Wavefunction)
He's nailed on for the Balon d'Or the way it stands. He surely won't risk moving away now.
What risk is he taking if he leaves real? He plays for every side in the world and starts.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
We've seen the "Tristiano" routine before to strengthen his hand to get a better financial deal and to get the club to back him.

I can see him staying and maybe even getting to club to pay the tax bill. Jorge Mendes and a few other dodgy agents need to be looked into, not just just regarding tax arrangements but the transfers themselves.
The Wavefunction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What risk is he taking if he leaves real? He plays for every side in the world and starts.
I'd imagine it would either be PSG or Man United he'd end up at. I don't think Ligue 1 has the reputation required to be BOD worthy, rightly or wrongly. Manchester would be risky as let's be honest they weren't particularly good last year, and there's no way he'd get the goals he does at Real. He could and probably would still score a shed tonne of goals, but why risk it? It's going very well for him at the minute, on the pitch.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Interesting info graphics
Attached files
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads