Planet Earth 2 Audiences

Watch
ellemoore440
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What makes planet earth 2 successful for a whole range of different audiences?
Shnaffleberry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really like David Attenborough, me and my friends sit about to watch it it together and theres loads of posts about him from people on my facebook feed when we were watching it together. My mum and dad were watching it live as well, and when I talked to them after they said he was one of the main reasons they watched too. I really like nature too cause it's all so weird and I really liked the first series of planet earth when I was younger so i can see how it appeals to different audiences.
Hope this helps!
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably the idea that the show itself has variety. If your some sort of animal enthusiast or zoologist, or working in a field relating to animals then gaining knowledge would be useful.

If your watching as a family then it could be interesting to watch as the show, shows you different scenarios of what animals goes through (For instance there was an episode where a mother leopard fought against an attacker to save her cub and also how the mother let her cub go once he was an adult and visit her frequently), which could be interesting to the family and somewhat relatable.

It could also target video/photographers, because the cinematography overall is just outstanding and they could watch it to see how high end documentaries are filmed etc.

I think also the idea that David Attenborough has been doing what he's been doing for years and he is known across the world and has respect from all sorts of people including Obama and the Queen, so his reputation to some extent makes the show incredibly popular.

LOL sorry if it's tl;dr
TheCrabbyPatty
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seeing different parts of the world is really cool, and the different stories that are presented really make you feel involved in it, or like you're watching a movie. The other thing was the hype behind it all. I never realised that so many people loved Planet Earth, or had even watched it before the trailer for the new one came out, and everyone seemed to have watched the first one, which shocked me. On social media there ws an actualll buzz about it, so I think that appealed to everyone.
Obviously there's David Attenborough as well, who kind of feels like everyone's grandad cause he's been about so long and he's just got a really simple and beautiful way of framing everything, and you can hear the passion that he speaks with, which is infectious to basically everyone
highlandspring5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me the main thing is probably David Attenborough, he's an icon to everyone. The way he presents it makes it easiest enough so everyone can understand but not in any way patronising. I think also the production of it is insane, it makes you really involved with each story, like with the lizards, I was so gripped about whether they'd make it or not, makes you want to keep watching to see what other stories with other animals happen. It just makes for really easy watching, something everyone enjoys and even relates to on some level.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheCrabbyPatty)
Seeing different parts of the world is really cool, and the different stories that are presented really make you feel involved in it, or like you're watching a movie. The other thing was the hype behind it all. I never realised that so many people loved Planet Earth, or had even watched it before the trailer for the new one came out, and everyone seemed to have watched the first one, which shocked me. On social media there ws an actualll buzz about it, so I think that appealed to everyone.
Obviously there's David Attenborough as well, who kind of feels like everyone's grandad cause he's been about so long and he's just got a really simple and beautiful way of framing everything, and you can hear the passion that he speaks with, which is infectious to basically everyone
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads