MMC102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey. If you want to change your working hours at Primark you can do it just by going to hr? Or is there an alternative to do it online? For the moment I work Saturday's and Sunday's and I want to move my shifts for weekday.
Thank you!
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just ask your manager if they think it will be possible. Often weekends are where they need the most staff and the least people want to work so I wouldn't be sure you'd be able to change.
mao94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MMC102)
Hey. If you want to change your working hours at Primark you can do it just by going to hr? Or is there an alternative to do it online? For the moment I work Saturday's and Sunday's and I want to move my shifts for weekday.
Thank you!
just speak to hr/ management - weekdays is generally full time staff mostly older experienced people wheras weekend staff are mostly part timers consisting of younger people mainly students.

most likely you can change considering how many people leave primark and needing new staff but might have to wait for changes to take place.
Jackieox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh good luck with that one. That's the reason I left (I wanted to go weekday to weekend) first of all they said I had to be working there at least a year before they'd even consider changing my hours then I would've had to put in a formal letter requesting the change and it wasn't likely it would've been approved
mao94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jackieox)
Oh good luck with that one. That's the reason I left (I wanted to go weekday to weekend) first of all they said I had to be working there at least a year before they'd even consider changing my hours then I would've had to put in a formal letter requesting the change and it wasn't likely it would've been approved
what you could do is leave and then just rejoin again with a new application with your new hours. honestly the amount of new people that start and the amount that leave isso many that you barely remember anyone who works there apart from those closest around you.

however, imo might be better off to apply somewhere else, like tesco where you can at least earn more than just the legal minimum with better perks
Jackieox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mao94)
what you could do is leave and then just rejoin again with a new application with your new hours. honestly the amount of new people that start and the amount that leave isso many that you barely remember anyone who works there apart from those closest around you.

however, imo might be better off to apply somewhere else, like tesco where you can at least earn more than just the legal minimum with better perks
The store I work at barely ever hire new people...like they haven't even called any of the christmas temps back yet or anything..So when people leave they're massively understaffed and weren't (and still aren't considering I left in October) accepting new applications..
mao94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The store I work at barely ever hire new people...like they haven't even called any of the christmas temps back yet or anything..So when people leave they're massively understaffed and weren't (and still aren't considering I left in October) accepting new applications..
wow! youre store must see really low profits/ sales for them not to recrit more staff. in my store they recruit every 3 months. so many people start and leave like a revoving door. i think if not but all the xmas temps in my store were made permenant. we are all on minumum wage anyway so it doesnt cost much, especially for weekenders. its probably because weekday staff cost more money as in primark has to pay them pensions/ more benefits and stuff so probably thats why not tot too keen on weekday staff.

however, i should note that my store is in a university town so most weekend staff are students. might be different for your store.

good luck to you anyway! my advic is try anywhere else like supermarkets - much better pay for less work and better life too. i think tesco and asda aldi + more pay living wages for more or less all staff and not minumum wage like primark
Jackieox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mao94)
wow! youre store must see really low profits/ sales for them not to recrit more staff. in my store they recruit every 3 months. so many people start and leave like a revoving door. i think if not but all the xmas temps in my store were made permenant. we are all on minumum wage anyway so it doesnt cost much, especially for weekenders. its probably because weekday staff cost more money as in primark has to pay them pensions/ more benefits and stuff so probably thats why not tot too keen on weekday staff.

however, i should note that my store is in a university town so most weekend staff are students. might be different for your store.

good luck to you anyway! my advic is try anywhere else like supermarkets - much better pay for less work and better life too. i think tesco and asda aldi + more pay living wages for more or less all staff and not minumum wage like primark
It was the liverpool store which is surprising cause it's such a massive store! I was on more than minimum wage (for my age anyway) and the store wasn't struggling as far as i knew they just refused to recruit, i'd been keeping my eye on the website for when they started recruiting again and when i went in a few days ago my friend who still works there told me that since i'd left, loads more had left and no one had been replaced =/ Yeah I work for the uni now! So much better pay!
mao94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was the liverpool store which is surprising cause it's such a massive store! I was on more than minimum wage (for my age anyway) and the store wasn't struggling as far as i knew they just refused to recruit, i'd been keeping my eye on the website for when they started recruiting again and when i went in a few days ago my friend who still works there told me that since i'd left, loads more had left and no one had been replaced =/ Yeah I work for the uni now! So much better pay!
if you want to work for primark again just look at other stores on their careers site - theres loads near manchester whenever i check especially in selfridges trafford centre near manchester. managers instantly like to take on people whove worked at primark before as they dont need to retrain them much and know they can perform easily and quickly than new people.

i think the old primark system paid higher than minimum wage for permenant workers and minimum wage for temporary staff at xmas and only lower wages for under 18's and all other staff on same wage. im on minimum wage and so are others i think - well at least us newcomers are.we get paid according to what the legal minimum wage for that age bracket is. e.g.

YEAR 25 AND OVER - £7.20
21 TO 24 - £6.95
18 TO 20 - £5.55
UNDER 18 - £4.00
APPRENTICE - £3.40
Jackieox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mao94)
if you want to work for primark again just look at other stores on their careers site - theres loads near manchester whenever i check especially in selfridges trafford centre near manchester. managers instantly like to take on people whove worked at primark before as they dont need to retrain them much and know they can perform easily and quickly than new people.

i think the old primark system paid higher than minimum wage for permenant workers and minimum wage for temporary staff at xmas and only lower wages for under 18's and all other staff on same wage. im on minimum wage and so are others i think - well at least us newcomers are.we get paid according to what the legal minimum wage for that age bracket is. e.g.

YEAR 25 AND OVER - £7.20
21 TO 24 - £6.95
18 TO 20 - £5.55
UNDER 18 - £4.00
APPRENTICE - £3.40
I was on 6.76 =P I do wanna go back there just isn't any local ones near me that are easy to get too =/ Manchesters like a 40 minute drive away, I think i'll reapply for the London stores later in the year !
mao94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was on 6.76 =P I do wanna go back there just isn't any local ones near me that are easy to get too =/ Manchesters like a 40 minute drive away, I think i'll reapply for the London stores later in the year !
i started quite new and i earn 6.95. i think people on the older system/ structure that primark used to pay slightly higher might still be in place for older employees but im not sure.
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MMC102)
Thank you!
Not sure if the rules have changed but when I worked at Primark I had to put mine in writing.
M jackson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My son is working at primark and is constantly asked/told at short notice he is working extra hours and longer shifts, this doesn’t seem right to me does anybody else have experience of this?
vincesss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by M jackson)
My son is working at primark and is constantly asked/told at short notice he is working extra hours and longer shifts, this doesn’t seem right to me does anybody else have experience of this?
I currently work for primark and the extra hours he’s working is probably just overtime hours which are optional and can be denied if he doesn’t want to do them.

This is a 5 year old thread btw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed