The Student Room Group

what should i chose !!!!!!!!!!

hi I need help with my gcse. im not sure hat to do French or music tech ,I can drop French and tack music tech buuuuuut I been told French is really useful .I want do something with music eg music producer so I need music tech but will French be more useful?????????????????????????????????????my mum says music is useful BUT sooo is French im also taking media and geography .im planning to take a level phycolgy . CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!!
Do the one you prefer, you will be doing it for two years! The subject don't matter as much at GCSE so pick the one you think you can do better in and get a good grade just incase you want to take it for A-level
Original post by ddervin
hi I need help with my gcse. im not sure hat to do French or music tech ,I can drop French and tack music tech buuuuuut I been told French is really useful .I want do something with music eg music producer so I need music tech but will French be more useful?????????????????????????????????????my mum says music is useful BUT sooo is French im also taking media and geography .im planning to take a level phycolgy . CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!!

Do whichever you find more enjoyable, and that you feel you could get a better grade in :smile:
You an always learn how to produce music on your own through the internet. However, learning a foreign language is difficult. Choosing French to be one of your classes might be a good way of motivating yourself to learn the language. At the end of the day, I think French is more employable than Music Tech. However, if you like music and want to pursue it later on, you should take Music Tech.

TL;DR: If you want to look more attractive to employers, take French. If you love music, take Music Tech.
The one that you enjoy more.
Literally no gcse subject is "useful" apart from english and maths (and maybe science). I really wouldn't worry about how this would affect your future, just choose whichever one you enjoy more :smile:
As someone that took GCSE French, I found it really enjoyable, and would definitely recommend it (however, my exams DID get cancelled, so take what I say with a pinch of salt). I have a few friends that took Music, not Music Tech, I don't know whether they're the same thing, and they really loved it, because they have a real passion for music. However, as time got closer to the exams, they found it very stressful to record and perform their pieces.I don't know whether you can sort of equate that to the oral exam in French, but it's something to consider. Music is a lot of coursework, whereas there is none for French that is assessed by the exam board. It's also quite important to note that Music has a written aspect to it - you need to know the theory behind it and sometimes analyse pieces in an essay format. In French, there are quite a few multiple choice questions, which makes it sound like a cop-out subject, but as long as you're studious, you can get very good marks with minimal work involved.Overall though, if you really do love Music, go for it! Just don't be fooled by how easy it may seem, because it's a lot more work than you might think.
Original post by ddervin

If you’re not planning on doing music in the future, I would choose French as it’s really well regarded by employers. However, if there is a chance that you want to pursue music, definitely go with that as i’m pretty sure it’s v difficult to get on a music a level course without a music background. Like you need a high grade in music if you didn’t take it for gcse.

Quick Reply

Latest