The Student Room Group

Opinions on the new 9-1 Specification!

In my opinion i think the new 9-1 specification shouldn't exist because people are not competing anymore to be doctors or lawyers they don't care anymore about what society has to say. Students are now taking on more independent and creative jobs. The 9-1 spec is extremely hard not even teachers can tackle it. It puts students under so much pressure its unreal. I have more to say but i want to hear from fellow students how they feel about studying this,
One of the reasons the 9-1 specification even exists was because too many people were getting A* and the top grades with the old grading system, but we can't have that happening so they decided to weed out the top 5% from the top 10% A.K.A the elites. Really annoying for any Yr 11s especially because we have to cram 3 years into 2. We've barely finished the poetry section of the 9-1 Eng Lit and exams are literally 2 months away. kms
Reply 2
Original post by airportsh8me
One of the reasons the 9-1 specification even exists was because too many people were getting A* and the top grades with the old grading system, but we can't have that happening so they decided to weed out the top 5% from the top 10% A.K.A the elites. Really annoying for any Yr 11s especially because we have to cram 3 years into 2. We've barely finished the poetry section of the 9-1 Eng Lit and exams are literally 2 months away. kms

YES I AGREE, i am in year 11 ad i have two months for my gcses and getting used to this new spec is tough luckily we are only doing it in english and maths.
Reply 3
Original post by Rejwana16
In my opinion i think the new 9-1 specification shouldn't exist because people are not competing anymore to be doctors or lawyers they don't care anymore about what society has to say. Students are now taking on more independent and creative jobs. The 9-1 spec is extremely hard not even teachers can tackle it. It puts students under so much pressure its unreal. I have more to say but i want to hear from fellow students how they feel about studying this,

I just think that the spec shouldnt be extremely hard, because it can make people go blank and year 11s shouldnt have done it.

Quick Reply

Latest